Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc)

766K views 2K replies 389 participants last post by  roswelltop 
#1 · (Edited)
Let me start off by saying this is a great forum.

Secondly I am not here to solicit any business, I'm here for you guys and ladies to help out with any questions releated to the Focus.

I've done this on F-150 forums and it's very helpful for them.

Here's what I can help out on. Please read all of this before you ask a question so we aren't asking the same question 40 times!

1. Need to find a specific new vehicle and your local dealer not helping? Just give me your zip code and what you're looking for and I'll try and find one close and let you know how the invoice pricing breaksdown.

2. Incentive information. All I need is your zip code and last name and I can check if you qualify for any private offers such as brochure $750 offers or anything else. Also if you're college grad. and have other offers I'll let you know what you can combine and what you can't.

3. I cannot tell you why Ford is not giving specific options that you want or when such and such option will be available unless I see it on Ford's dealer site.

4. I unfortunately do not have a crystal ball to tell you what incentives will change to.

5. Also if you ordered a vehicle through your dealership I cannot tell you when it will be there and track it. Only your dealership or the shipping dept can do that.

Lastly I am in internet sales so I generally know what dealerships are capable of selling vehicles for, so if you are wondering if there is money being left on the table let me know.

See less See more
#585 ·
Posted via FF Mobile i was sonering how much it would cost and if possible to order a auto trans, 2.0l tdi motor with wireing harrness and ecu shipped to zip code 47112. There is a ford dealer there i would pick it up from. Also needing this for a 2000 focus.

#590 ·
Thank you Imccrea!! Great news. What's the avg time between ordering and receiving a VIN#?

Sent from my ADR6300 using FF Mobile
Sometimes as fast as 12 hours and up to 3 weeks. Depends what a dealer can order for any given month.

#593 ·
Invoice is showing as 22942 on Edmunds.com. If you are paying about $400 for a doc fee it sounds about right. Have you tried requesting the brochure on ford.com to see if you get the $750 Private Cash Rebate offer? You can also get another $500 rebate if you finance through Ford Credit. You might want to find out if your employer qualifies for supplier pricing. It could probably save you a few hundred more. You can also qualify for supplier pricing if you join the Experimental Aircraft Association for $40 a year. (eaa.com). I did all that and ended up paying about what you were quoted with another $1800 in equipment. This is about the time I say thanks again Ira.

#663 ·
You can also qualify for supplier pricing if you join the Experimental Aircraft Association for $40 a year. (eaa.com). I did all that and ended up paying about what you were quoted with another $1800 in equipment. This is about the time I say thanks again Ira.
What exactly is this? Anyone can join and then get a supplier price? Which is what exactly? I have the $750 rebate- may do Ford Financing for another $500 and now curious about this as well

#594 ·
I am not factoring any rebates in there. I already have a coupon, but it is going to expire by the time it comes in so I ordered another brochure. I also qualify for the $500 College Grad discount.

Here is another question that I'm not sure you're going to be able to answer. I am buying the car in Lake County IL but will be registering it in Cook County, which has a higher tax rate. The dealer told me that I will pay the 7% Lake tax and then the 0.75% extra for Cook on top of that. I'm hearing now that I'll get a second tax bill from Cook later. Does that mean I'd be paying taxes twice?

#595 ·
I'm having a hard time figuring out the best way to get a new Focus Hatchback SEL. Every dealership around me no inventory in them.

I sent an e-mail blast from Edmunds but so far all I seem to have gotten is like 2 e-mails from every dealership and their internet salespeople that is an automated reply. I'm hesitant to go in and tell them what I want because I'm sure they will try a bunch of high pressure tactics when I go in and already knowing exactly what I want and they have to "special order" it.

What's the best way to go about getting one? All I want is the SEL hatcback with the 302 package in Silver or Grey in zip 33436. I'm a recent college grad and want to trade in my clunker as well.

Thanks!

#599 ·
What's the best way to go about getting one? All I want is the SEL hatcback with the 302 package in Silver or Grey in zip 33436. I'm a recent college grad and want to trade in my clunker as well.

Thanks!
Order one and be prepared to wait 6-8 weeks. Welcome to the club. Mine is finally getting built a week from tomorrow and I'm really getting excited. It seems just about everyone on here with a Titanium had to order it. The SEL's are a little easier to find around here, but not with the equipment I wanted. If you want an SE they are fairly plentiful. Ford clearly underestimated the demand for the higher trims.

#598 ·
Sorry if this is redundant, but I know blue candy and tuxedo black are gone. Is it the same for red candy? I've seen some who say they ordered it and some who were told unavailable.

Red Candy is also currently unavailable to order. The paint pigments were from the same factory in Japan causing issues with Kona Blue and Tuxedo Black. It is scheduled to be available for ordering again around the end of the month, but you probably wouldn't get a production date until well into July. Even that is assuming there are no more delays. I really liked that color, but I couldn't deal with the wait and the uncertainty.

#603 ·
Think you're right about their underestimating. I was going to go with YB, because of the wait time. But, I was just looking at pics of the red candy and think I may just deal with the wait.

You might want to double check with your dealer before you completely make your mind up. Ira checked for me before I placed my order about 10 days ago. It is possible the situation has changed since then. It is an awesome color though. I hope it works out for you.

#602 ·
There is no problem with Blue Candy that I am aware of. It is the Kona Blue that is in the process of being replaced with Sonic Blue.

#604 ·
Alright, a few internet salesman from the dealers tracked down some SEL 302 spec hatchbacks but the only one in the color I'd prefer has a moonroof (I hate moonroof's sun always bothers me) but I'll go with the red candy or blue one I see here.

Can you help me on what I should be offering? I'm looking at several sites (edmunds, cars.com ect.) all show slightly different inventory price and incentives.

Zipcode: 33436

Also, is the number you offer before or after any rebates?

Thank you!

#605 ·
Rebates should be $500 across the states, if you want me to check incentives on brochures I'll also need your last name. RE: moonroof it does have the shade so if that is your deal breaker you can always close the shade?

#606 ·
The last car I was in didn't have a shade just heavily tinted moonroof. I would deal with it for the shade. Does the moonroof prevent any roof racks for bikes or anything do you know?

Last name is Dawson zip 33436. I requested a brochure on Ford's site the other day.

I was thinking of trying to come in at 21k before rebates for the SEL Hatch 302 package, but maybe with moonroof inventory will be higher? Any advice on pricing would be appreciated.

Thanks again!

#607 ·
Unfortunately no rebate yet for you. I don't think you'll be able to get to $21,000 before rebates on a 302 hatch. Invoice on a base SEL is $22,000 so unless you are A/Z or D plan I think that is the best you would be able to find. Who do you work for, you might qualify for X-Plan?

#610 ·
Let me start off by saying this is a great forum.

Secondly I am not here to solicit any business, I'm here for you guys and ladies to help out with any questions releated to the Focus.

I've done this on F-150 forums and it's very helpful for them.

Here's what I can help out on:

1. Need to find a specific new vehicle and your local dealer not helping? Just give me your zip code and what you're looking for and I'll try and find one close and let you know how the invoice pricing breaksdown.

2. Incentive information. All I need is your zip code and last name and I can check if you qualify for any private offers such as brochure $750 offers or anything else. Also if you're college grad. and have other offers I'll let you know what you can combine and what you can't.

3. I cannot tell you why Ford is not giving specific options that you want or when such and such option will be available unless I see it on Ford's dealer site.

4. I unfortunately do not have a crystal ball to tell you what incentives will change to.

Lastly I am in internet sales so I know what dealerships are capable of selling vehicles for, so if you are wondering if there is money being left on the table let me know.
I have a 2012 Ford Focus on order and wanted to see if I qualify for one of those private offers ($750) that prople are getting via brochures???

My zip code is 76087 and my last name is Kyser.

I already have a car (2012 Ford Focus Titanium) on order that should be in by last of June or first week of July.

Can you help? [paranoid] Also, I have a VIN if that helps?

Thanks!!!

#612 ·
Did you order a brochure? That's where that rebate is from.

I went to Ford's website and filled out that I was interested in the Ford Focus.......is that correct or do I do it some othere way?

#620 ·
One question-- I had my local dealership work out a trade for the car I'm interested in. Last they heard from the other dealership they were still waiting to receive the vehicle, but that was a few days ago. It has been listed "in stock" on their inventory for weeks, but has no Stock ID #. Does the Stock ID only get assigned once they actually receive the vehicle? I want to make sure that the other dealership doesn't go back on what they said and sell the vehicle to someone else. Working with people has been way more frustrating than it should be. Should have just ordered when I first looked at the car back in late April. In the meantime, I have been scouring the web for a Titanium w/moonroof only in grey, but to no avail...

#630 ·
$750 coupon

I ordered my car on June 5 and I got $500 off discount with 3.9%. I just received my coupon for $750 off. My car should arrive mid July . Can I still use the coupon when I pick up the car? It expires mid august.should the dealer give me a problem to give me this discount with the $500 offer?

#631 ·
I ordered my car on June 5 and I got $500 off discount with 3.9%. I just received my coupon for $750 off. My car should arrive mid July . Can I still use the coupon when I pick up the car? It expires mid august.should the dealer give me a problem to give me this discount with the $500 offer?
Yes you can.

#642 ·
No Cars Avaliable ?

Can someone confirm or deny the following.

1. I just ordered (no paper work signed) the following
2012 Ford Focus SE HB
5 Speed Manual
Red Candy
203A - Sync
SE Sport
Winter PKG
estimated delivery Mid to Late September. Is this True ?

2. There are no vehicles like # 1 in the entire US I ( also told Kona Blue is zero as well)

I just want to confirm I'm not being fed a load of crap. Trying to buy this Car has been a very frustrating experience, I hope it's worth it.

#643 ·
Can someone confirm or deny the following.

1. I just ordered (no paper work signed) the following
2012 Ford Focus SE HB
5 Speed Manual
Red Candy
203A - Sync
SE Sport
Winter PKG
estimated delivery Mid to Late September. Is this True ?

2. There are no vehicles like # 1 in the entire US I ( also told Kona Blue is zero as well)

I just want to confirm I'm not being fed a load of crap. Trying to buy this Car has been a very frustrating experience, I hope it's worth it.
Red candy is on hold until probably first of July and Kona Blue is being switched to a different color (Sonic Blue).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.