Focus Fanatics Forum banner

02fordsvt Build/Mod/Random Thread

261K views 2K replies 86 participants last post by  02fordsvt 
#1 · (Edited)
I finally decided to make myself a thread I can call my own. I'm not expecting to do any major builds in the near future, but since I'm always doing little changes to my car, I figured I might as well put them all in one place and stop cluttering up the rest of the forum.

A bit about me and the car. I bought my 2002 Ford Focus Svt in June, 2010 and had no real hands on knowledge about working on or modding a car except some basics I learned from my dad and from reading auto magazines. Over the past few months I have done a lot of work on this car and have really learned how to do many things. In other words, it doesn't matter how much knowledge you have, you can do anything that I have done. Furthermore, I will be the first one to admit that I have not done many things in the best or most efficient way possible. I am just learning and having fun.

Thread Rules (Or lack thereof)

Feel free to post any kind of comments or questions. If anyone would like to know how to do anything, let me know and I can give you some of the resources I used. Becuase of the way I have this thread organized, it doesn't matter how cluttered the rest of the thread gets. Post anything you feel like from suggestions, questions, and random comments. I won't feel bad if anything gets a little of topic. [thumb]

Table of Contents

First post:

Current Status Section
  1. Current Performance Modifications
  2. Current Interior Modifications
  3. Current Exterior Modifications
  4. Current Exterior Pictures
  5. Current Interior Pictures
Second post:

Modification Time Line

Reference Material

See less See more
#542 ·
My goals for this weekend: Wash the car, start and hopefully finish the rear seat area floor, reinstall the amp (hopefully it can fit under the seat), and repaint the fairing.

It's a big list and I may not be able to finish it all but hopefully I can at least get a good start on them.

#545 ·
Haha

Floor is cut and fitted. I decided to do the hatch area first but all that's left to do is carpet and screw the pieces down. First, I have to go to work, though. :( lol

#552 ·
Hahahahaha
What's funny I was typing I love your car but I always tell my wife I love you baby( I was talking to her while typing that) hahahahahaha thought I caught it fast enough

Sent from jeremy's iPhone using Tapatalk

#554 ·
Hahahahaha
What's funny I was typing I love your car but I always tell my wife I love you baby( I was talking to her while typing that) hahahahahaha thought I caught it fast enough

Sent from jeremy's iPhone using FF Mobile
Hehe

It's all good. lol

#559 ·
Another productive day today. I removed all the vinyl and stickers from the fairing, filled in the unused holes, and started the repainting process, set the amp under the drivers seat but I haven't wired anything up yet, and carpeted the hatch area floor. There's still a lot of work to do on the floor that is not shown in the picture but it at least looks like a floor again. I'm very happy where the interior is going this time, and if all goes well, I will be buying a 12" subwoofer tomorrow.

#566 ·
Thanks guys.

I bought a 12" Xplod yesterday and am taking most of the day off to install it. The inclosure size is about a square foot which is a lot better than the three square foot I needed for the 10" Verge. I'm really looking forward to hearing it up and running. Let's just hope everything works.

#569 ·
And here it is: my Xplod 12" subwoofer. [hihi]

Actually it's the 1300W Pioneer 12" that I got after swapping in the Xplod. Long story short, I opened the Xplod box to find no owners manual or screw. Neither really bothered me but it was obvious that something was up. Sure enough, when I hooked the woofer up, it rattled and jingled like crazy. A bunch of wires on the inside were all broken loose and shacking so I had to go back into town and pick up a replacement. They didn't have anymore Xplods so I picked up the Pioneer instead. It has a higher peak output but less RMS; however, I really like how it looks over the Xplod and I saved $10 so it turned out alright in the end. I haven't really tried it out much but it sound really good so far.

BTW, I will obviously be carpeting the box as soon as I get a chance.

#570 ·
awesome.... i like it.. and as we say here in TX, bigger is better. [grinking]

#573 ·
Thanks

When I was origanally shopping, it was a tossup between the pioneer and the Xplod. The Xplod won on the RMS but now that I have the pioneer in my hands to compare, it does feel a little better. I can't judge on quality and I wish I could have heard the Xplod, but the pioneer is lighter (the Xplod felt like it weighed a ton), looks better (not so overstyled), and sounds really good. I still have to play with it some more to get it tuned in with the rest of the speakers, but I'm liking it a lot better than the Verge 10".

#577 ·
Unfortunately, I built that box for the Xplod which wanted a .96 ft^3 closed box. Now that I have the Pioneer, it's ideal closed box is 1.25 ft^3 with better performance from an even larger ported box. I don't feel like making a new box and this one is well within the tolerances so I think I'm keeping it, but it's a bummer now that I didn't make the best box for this sub. Ah well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.