Focus Fanatics Forum banner

STs in the Midwest ?

7K views 65 replies 16 participants last post by  goinloco1 
#1 ·
Test drove the new ST last Thursday. WOW! What an amazing car. Woodhouse Ford in Blair has a Blue ST2 with sunroof and Nav. They have a Tangerine Scream intransit too. Think I would trade in my Titanium?
Has anyone seen other STs in the Midwest area?

#29 ·
Thats great. The blue looks nice too. Wasn't sure I was going to like it, but in person it looks rich, especially cool in the sun.[cool]

I hope to trade in my titanium for a white or tangerine ST3 next fall when my lease is up.

#31 ·
I need to get down to sf one of these days...lol
by the way, what yall are paying for st's... I passed, paid about the same and pick my new one up end of the month. won't be hard to spot...lol
v6 (305hp/280tq), 6spd mnl, perf package, recaro cloth seat package, sync & tech package, reverse sensing / security package, gotta have it green($495)
and I'm already friggin buying shit for it... rear california special spoiler (being painted), cai, clearbra soon

#38 ·
EEh its cool. i was talking to my boss in the lunch room and threw a hot pocket on a plate and proceeded to open the refrigerator door and pick up the plate and stood there staring into the refrigerator before the boss said thats not the microwave... now that was a total blonde moment, and i'm not blonde...lol

#50 ·
my question is, why the hell is everyone thinking the st is special?
overpriced, loaded with useless gadgets, underpowered, no aftermarket, not upgradeable beyond i/e/tune, high insurance, not to mention they won't hold their value.
trust me, i spent months looking into them. And when performance specs came out on them, lets just say it was a stellar dissapointment 14.8. Could they have found any smaller turbo for the st? c'mon... 19psi in stock trim?

#55 ·
To each his own

my question is, why the hell is everyone thinking the st is special?
overpriced, loaded with useless gadgets, underpowered, n
o aftermarket, not upgradeable beyond i/e/tune, high insurance, not to mention they won't hold their value.
trust me, i spent months looking into them. And when performance specs came out on them, lets just say it was a stellar dissapointment 14.8. Could they have found any smaller turbo for the st? c'mon... 19psi in stock trim?
You spent months looking into the ST so you must have thought that something was special about it. It has everything that I want in a hot hatch. I've driven the ST and I think it drives brilliantly. Who really cares about the numbers. It's about the experience. Strong torquey engine with great brakes and awesome handling. Price is on par with anything in it's performance range but you won't find anything with build quality and quality of materials for that kind of money except for the Gti which has gone all boring on us. I drive a 2012 Titanium now and when my lease is up I will probably get an ST. No junky Subaru or Honda junk, I want to have fun in a more sophisticated package like the Focus. It appears that you don't drive one so why do you come to post comments on a forum that supports Focus owners. We are all entitled to our opinion and I think that is great. Just wonder why you seem so negative here. And have you driven one yet. If you do please let us know what you think then.

#51 ·
Insurance is really not that high on it. We bought them to have them. Not everyone buys a turbo car for racing. I bought mine because I like the looks if them the seats are comfortable and because it had twice the power as my old zx3

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

#56 ·
everything is worth something to someone. There are a lot of vehicles out ther that I would love to have, but can't justity the money for them. People buy cars for what they represent to that person. Or maybe they want it for a spefic reason. I.E., an st has more of a back seat than a mustang does so if you have a family then it would make more sense. However, If I didn't have a family then I would rather have a rwd vehicle. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and deserve respect for it.

#58 ·
I have had my ST for 2 weeks now and its really a fun car to drive. I just put on my winter tires and the driving expereince is still great. I bought the car to replace my old SUV. Wanted something a little more fun but with better MPGs. I own 2 corvettes (68) (04) so I am definately a car junky. BTW I am getting about 30 MPG, I found that the sweet spot for gas mileage is about 68 mph if your intestested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.