Focus Fanatics Forum banner

The 2012 Window Tint Thread

395K views 924 replies 326 participants last post by  Tiger-Heli 
#1 · (Edited)
Let's see 'em! [headbang]

#153 ·
I've got a tinting appointment next week. I can't decide whether I want 45% up front and 20% for the rest, or if I just want 45% for all of them.

Kinda worried about the asymmetry of using two different shades, as well as the visibility out the back window at night. Any thoughts or recommendations?

#179 ·
I have to say I don't quite believe you. I have 50% on the front 2 and 13% on the rest...and it's impossible to see anything through the 13% windows at night unless there's a light on it. I can see cars because of their headlights (can't see anything else on them) but a person could stand 15ft behind my car and I wouldn't see them at all, except for the rearview camera.

That's the other thing though...if I didn't have the rearview camera I don't know if I would have gone 13%. The camera can see *very* well in the dark (a few times I've even see it switch to Infrared...something I can tell after spending many years in the photography world), but without it I wouldn't be able to see *anything* that didn't have headlights.

#160 ·
I'm loving all of the Tint photos here! Can anyone recommend a good tint shop in the Atlanta area and price range? I'll definitely let them know who sent me!

#161 ·
I don't think tinting the windshield is a good idea, especially for night time visibility. If you get the darkest legal tints they already obscure a ton at night out of your side windows, I don't think you would want to lower your total visibility even more, especially with the windshield which cannot be retracted like the side windows can.

Just my personal opinion.

#163 ·
Firestoned did my tint for me yesterday at his shop Eclipse Window Tinting. I think it turned out great. It is ceramic 35% on the sides and back and 80% on the windshield. It blends very well with the car and that is the look I was after. It sat outside in 90+ degree heat today and it seemed to make a big difference. His Focus with 18% ceramic can be seen in post #105. Thanks for the great work Eric.

#169 ·
Anyone know a good place to go in the Mississauga area in Ontario? I've heard of Tint Kings but apparently they are horrible. Also, any of you guys got your tint with the shop taking your door panels off? any complications in doing that for you?

I'm getting a titanium sedan that comes with lots of gizmo's in the doors as you guys are all well aware.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.