Focus Fanatics Forum banner

lowering ny svt ?'S

4K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  israel 
#1 ·
Ok first of all i know there's tons & tons of threads about suspensions and what not but i havent really found the actual answer i am looking for.
Im relative new when it comes to suspenision, and im lowering my car next month so im asking if you guys can help me choose something that drives good and that can b for a daily driver.
Also what else should i replace other than the shocks?
Thanks in advance! :)

#4 ·
if you value comfort, dont get coilovers. get a 1.5" drop springs and new shocks. also budget for a 4 wheels alignment. you dont need camber plates or bolts, that much drop wont be a problem.

#9 ·
Why is the Eibach struts crap? Crap is not having matched dampers for lowering springs. So does that mean Koni yellow's are no good, being twin tube construction?

#11 ·
also take into account for new lower cntrol arms and hardware as you will most likely need to cut them off because the bolt commonly seize in the bushings. I do not know of any aftermarket hardware but from ford its like 10 bucks a nut and 10 bucks a bolt and multiply that times for you're up to around 80 bucks in hardware alone plus around 100 a side for control arms from ford but there are cheaper ones on rock auto.com

good luck!

#15 ·
Not at all! Please don't buy eibach they lasted 10-15k miles tops for me then started squeeking over bumps and became spongy. I know a lot of ppl on here who have gave bad reviews, and of coarse I read about it after the purchase. Don't make the mistake with eibach!! Save your money instead of jumping into the cheap stuff it is really not worth it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.