Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Houston feb meet sw game time

9K views 121 replies 15 participants last post by  tukaniSVT 
#1 ·

Game Time Meet ... well more like VIDEO GAME TIME MEET

Because it's not going to happen the week of Super Bowl.

Okay ... so, with a few votes to finalize this ... we are doing the meet at my casa. Video game battles. [target]

Here's the Info: [welcome]
WHERE: RAY'S CASSA
ADDRESS: 12154 Huntington Venture Dr. Houston TX 77099
DATE: February 27th, 2011 (SUNDAY)
IDEA: VIDEO GAMES ... We will set up a Wii and PS3
IDEA2: Possible Tournament Bracket Battle
TUMMY FILLER: We can pitch together for Pizza or Cook Burgers and Chips
TIME: Start at 12 NOON ... End some where around 8-9PM ... What ... people gotta work the next morning.

ANY QUESTIONS ... HIT ME A PM. [bash]

For warning: We don't have alot of parking ... so just be considerate of my neighbors and don't block driveways.
For warning 2: Being Asian ... and having new Carpet ... I request everyone please take your shoes off when you come in ... Or else feel the wrath of my wife. [smackbum][doorpeek]

Wife and I are working out getting Wood floors ... but I don't think that will happen by the meet. So no shoes on the carpet. Thanks.

-Ray-

See less See more
#6 ·
Well we should bring games that are competitive and dual/multi player and that don't have like 10-20minute sessions.

Quick sessions to give everyone a chance to play.

-Ray-

#9 ·
No worries about bringing something Pat ... just come and join the fun.

I am going to set up 2 game stations.

-Ray-

#12 ·
I can't win, I can show up around 6:30-6:45. Stuff still going on? I hate work!

#15 ·
Well at the time we were getting them from the insurance rep's recommendation ... which I know isn't the cheapest option.

We have gone back to looking in a while. We were only doing it before because our home had a fire last year.

-Ray-

#16 ·
Okay the meet is going to happen in 2 weeks ... and we should discuss food ...

Well ... I am game for cooking if, peeps want to pitch in supplies ... or we can pitch in together for some Pizza.

Let me know.

-Ray-

#20 ·
True ... that's why I brought it up ... money is tight for everyone ... so, trying to figure the best option to enjoy some good eating along with saving a bit of money.

let's go all american and throw some hotdogs in the mix too! as awesome as pizza is, we did have it in jan. i says burgers and dogs. i am willing to spring for any of that
I like the idea ... as long as we can pitch together a pot that everyone is willing to put in for food. I will calculate in a bit how much it would be for Dogs and Burgers.

I wouldn't mind the burgers it sounds good but if we get pizza it would be a lot easier to clean up and not so complicated to get....... just sayin
I actually think both would be pretty easy to clean up. Like I said ... I don't mind throwing down the cooking ... And that would only be like a pan or 2. Both ways we would have paper plates and napkins.

-Ray-

#21 ·
Okay with at least 10 of us getting together ... roughly ...

If everyone would pitch in 5 bucks ... that's 50 buckeroos.

So thats:
Dominos: 6 bucks for 2-topping Mediums = About 8 Pizzas
Pizza Hut: 10 bucks for a Large pizza any way = About 5 pizzas
Papa John's: 16 bucks for 2-topping mediums = About 3 Pizzas
Hot Dog SetUp: Dogs & Buns = About 32 Hot dogs (We can bring our own condiments)
Burger SetUp: Meat & Buns = About 22 Burgers (We can bring our own Condiments)

What do you guys think?

-Ray-

#23 ·
Why yes sir ... it does ... but I wanted to just show you the numbers and the options to help everyone decide on what we want to do.

-Ray-

#26 ·
That is the truth as well ...

The next thing we would need to talk about is ... toppings.

I am not a Pepperoni guy ... but will eat everything else. I would like a Chicken topping pizza in the mix.

-Ray-

#28 ·
Hey Guys. I am really going to try and make this. I would love to meet the Houston Crowd. Y'all are always so helpful.

#30 ·
It would be good to see the guy who I keep seeing all over town in person. [cheers]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.