Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Lunch box mod (new exhaust tip)

58K views 195 replies 55 participants last post by  Thugology101 
#1 · (Edited)
Cut the lunch box off the back and had a new tip welded on, tell me what you think

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Automotive exterior

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Hatchback

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive tire

See less See more
#4 ·
The car has two mufflers and a resonator

The lunch box was the second muffler leaving these

#6 ·
Sounds good, will try and get a video soon.

Since all I did was cut the lunch box off no hp increase but a good sound. I'm still going to get the fswerks exhaust when it comes out

#9 ·
LOOKS GREAT! Major props man!!! I was seriously considering this myself since the rest looks to be straight through. Was curious though, is that the cat that looks all trapezoid shape? Or don't we need cats anymore because of the variable cams? And the exhaust appears to be stainless from what I can tell too. So besides a half inch in diameter, you're pretty much at a cat back system now eh? Either way looks great! Bet it sounds great too!

#19 ·
Sure would! I'll get a sound cut of mine soon enough. Been workin 10s. Not in the mood to do much else but sleep. But heck that does sound MEAN!!!! I WANT THIS!!!

#22 ·
Well after mentioning my name, I got inspired and broke out the recording equipment. Took all but an hour. Threw something together in iMovie and my first post to YouTube. Of course the intake noise gets more aggressive with a load out driving. But you get the idea. Yes it is really that bassy in person. Not ricey at all. Very clean and throaty. :)

http://youtu.be/bh2LVJJNXQg

#27 · (Edited)
I don't know how much differnt then a full exhaust would sound since this almost sounds like a full catback already

#30 ·
Do a drive by for us brother! Would you say in person this sounds like the FSWERKS race exhaust or stealth? Just curious about the volume. Does sound SUPER loud. Is it REALLY noticeable while driving? Or only when you get on it?

#31 ·
I'll try and get a drive by tomorrow, while cruising you can barely hear it unless you gun it then it gets louder.

#33 ·
If this is true, I'm even more geeked! No "droning" at highway speeds? Will it wake the neighbors with casual driving? Just trying to be clear before I hack away. ;) I still personally LOVE it!

#36 ·
Good thing it isnt your car [limp]

I knew what I was getting into changing the exhaust on this car since I have done it on two other focus's and GM cars and trucks[8D]

Here is a Picture of my old focus engine bay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.