Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Exhaust Ends Before Suspension

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Blue5ive 
#1 ·
Ive been very short on money and i live in michigan so i was forced to remove the resonator when it started crumbling to peices. I chopped off the bad res and a friend welded my Ractive tube muffler in its place because of its similar shape. Exhaust is pretty loud while the replacement silencer is in the mail (Lost the original). Catalytic converter was gutted by previous owner and i put a drop-in cone air filter so im getting pretty good flow through the engine and i think ive gained about 10+ hpw. When i have the money i will jump to a magnaflow or steeda catback. Anyone see an issue with this?

#2 ·
so your dumping under the vehicle. I can be unsafe as carbon monoxide can "leak" into the vehicle especially while doing city driving and idling.

Also watch out in Plymouth.. and some surrounding cities, they have some vicious noise ordinances which I know first hand about.

Also winter coming up depending on how soon you get it all fixed you can get even more rust around the exhaust dump due to the heat, vapors of exhaust, and extra moisture i can bring. Being in MI you dont need any more help with that either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.