Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Views on "Stancing"

67K views 282 replies 72 participants last post by  rambleon84 
#1 ·
The more I see "stanced" Foci, the more I kinda like it.
Whats everyone else think?

A couple of my faves:

My sedan would look pretty hott stanced...photoshop it for me?

See less See more
#2 ·
inb4 shitstorm

Ill be as nice as I can: there's very few cars that can pull it off and the Focus isnt one of them. being low is one thing but stretch and poke is a hellagoofy trend

#7 ·
LOL, yeah I'm glad this was posted on FF and not FJ. It seems more of the stance guys live there. If this was on FJ this thread would have been locked already!

All joking aside, do what you want man, it's your ride. I would, however, consider the road conditions in your area and if you DD your car are you sure you want to be rolling like that everyday?

#4 ·
Like any show car, they look good in their own way - and it's obvious a lot of effort went into building them.

As a driving enthusiast, my personal preference is for 'functional" looks that match a particular driving environment - whether it be street, track, or trail!

A bit of "stretch" is nice for street & track, when functioning to stiffen up the handling response of tires a bit taller than the ones pictured. I'm sorry, but when they get THAT low they start to remind me more of the industrial tires on a fork lift. Solid rubber for the street, despite the lack of worry over punctures, was deemed too rough a ride long ago when Firestone's pneumatic tires swept the market....

Cheers!

#9 ·
depending on what you do to stance your car it can be pulled off. but its dangerous. and i'm not saying that because stretching a tire over a wheel is bad, i'm saying this because if you hit anything like a manhole cover sticking out or any uneven road you are prone to messing your wheels up quick. and if they're expensive and rare (like a certain st170's on here) then good luck finding another set

#14 ·
Down in NYC I see a lot of cars, of all brands, "stanced" like that.

I ALSO see their drivers getting tossed around just driving on the freeway, and quite a few on the roadside with flat tires & wheels that broke/came off...

I'm ASSUMING that those with MAJOR issues didn't "do it right", But having known one person here in Buffalo who didn't even know he had a flat on his Cadillac with the LARGE wheels & "rubber band" tires... i THINK it can happen anywhere....

(grin)

BTW, the "Cool" look these days is using the Large Wheels with a LIFT, NOT a drop....

And if you REALLY want to be "cool" you need air bags to do both....

#17 ·
BTW, the "Cool" look these days is using the Large Wheels with a LIFT, NOT a drop....

And if you REALLY want to be "cool" you need air bags to do both....
[deviltail]

#16 ·
Some people pull it off, some don't. I don't think the Focus has a body for a lot of the extreme lowering people are doing. In my opinion, anything smaller than 17" on the Focus body looks off. People are lowering and wheel tucking on 16's and 15's; it looks bad. Looks like a lowered mini-mini-van.

#20 ·
Modding is modding & I like mod's. I say more poeple should do mod's to the Foci. We need more moddit Foci's around here. No rice allowed.

#21 ·
Not for me personally, especially with how I drive and how the roads are around here. Functionality is number one in my mind but to those that do it, power to them. I honestly do not think it's a great "look" for a smaller car like a focus and is better suited (if at all) to large sedans or coupes (lexus LS, merc s class, cl, etc).

#22 ·
Personally, I prefer a nice clean minimal wheel to fender gap. I hope you don't mind but I tried my own hand at photoshop and came up with this. It leaves a little wheel gap, enough to look really nice, and handle even nicer IMO.

#23 ·
Anyone around here knows Michigan roads suck ass. So if I do this I would have to get another daily, which doesn't enthuse me at all. I really like the *stretch and poke* and I think my sedan would look pretty sweet done up nicely.
Thanks everyone for all your input!
This is the most active thread i've ever started! :thumbup:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

#27 ·
You don't need to get another daily, you need to get the correct wheel width and offsets. That means ordering a custom set of wheels more so than finding a set of wheels on Craigslist. For example ordering a set of Team Dynamic wheels in 17x8 35-42mm et for the Front and 17x9 35-42mm et for the Rear would look and work perfect. No rubbing with 205/40(F) and 215/40(R).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.