Focus Fanatics Forum banner

First 1/4 mile in my turbo ZX3

5K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  jholso 
#1 · (Edited)
Nevermind.

#7 ·
I took it down because I didnt have footage of my actual run from the car and I pulled a 1.9 60' with a time slip to prove it. People on another forum were giving me crap saying I was lying and a bunch of crap, so I just removed it. When I run again, I will make sure to get video of the actual run.

#11 ·
i don't see why anyone would argue 14.5 with a turbo'd focus.... whoever was bothering you about it probably has n/a foci with bolt-ons stuck in high 15s and are pissed about it... i wouldn't pay them any mind..

#12 ·
I'd expect a turbo car to run faster than a 14.5, especially with that kind of 60', but it all depends on the car, set up, and conditions. [dunno]

I'm basing that on seeing a 2.3L na run the same time with a worse 60' (as well as other foci, and other types of cars). Either way thats quick for a focus and certain to surprise people.

#13 ·
he could of spun in 2nd, whatever he said in FJ got him to stop talking in here so we have no real info, but by his numbers and if the 60ft was that good... he could've spun or maybe going into 2nd the car bogged on him... I doubt he lost too much power by the end of the track. I'm guessing the 2.3 you mention wasn't stock. either way he had a 2.0, which i guess stock is 16s and he knocked off 2s... that's a great run no matter how you look at it... I just don't see why fellow foci owners would call his bull... its not like he said her ran 13flat or mid 12s..

I wish I had 60ft times like that... probably could've gotten me down to 13.5 or 13.4.. but won't mention details since it's not a focus anymore lol.. i got yelled at for mentioning it before... the point is, he is having a great launch and people who have the same car ;modded more or modded less; should not attack him over the numbers... that's how you lose forum members and support... then they go out and buy a toyota... lol

#14 ·
But with a Toyota you accelerate better than anyone, they're built to do it themselves! lol.

Yea 2.3L I was talkin about is Elliot's from MI, not sure his username on here.

My experience with turbo Foci would make me expect most to be in 13's somewhere, but that is based off very limited experience with a friend's old car that was a full custom set up.

I understand and agree with what you're saying. From my personal experience I don't see how people could call bs

#15 ·
It allways amazes me of the length people will go to to call some one out bout a time , dyno , or something they did

Has this guy given any one any reason not to believe what he is saying happen , I dont blame him for removing his slip , I did the same exact thing and havent posted a dyno or times of my car sence this is just BS

Tom

#17 ·
Especially when our cars weigh less.

Mbell75's claim is completely reasonable. Its not like it's some unheard of number and he's shoving it in people's faces every chance he gets like he's some kind of god to the focus world like some people might.

Mbell, this was you're first pass, have you made anymore? Any newer times?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.