Focus Fanatics Forum banner

So I picked up a Kona '12...

7K views 80 replies 33 participants last post by  Buickboy 
#1 ·
Kona Mustang that is!

Focus let me down a few times recently. Needed a new engine and never felt the same after that. Love the car still but one drive in a Mustang and that was that!

Went with a new Kona Blue base v6, 6 speed manual and 2.73 super highway gears lol. My commutes 21 miles of cruising so this is perfect.

Faster than my Focus when it had a 50 shot, handles pretty well too. Needs a set of stick tires and a drop for sure.

I really don't think theres a forum that tops FF, Ill stick around.

Cheesin

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice color... what stripes? squinted till my eyes were shut...didn't see a thing.

#7 ·
thanks guys!

trying to keep it stock for a while will be hard. theres a ton of stuff out there and the v6's respond really well to boltons and tune

#14 ·
thanks everyone! after seeing how much stock wheels weigh Im leaning toward something a lot lighter. Most guys go the factory wheel or ford racing/knockoff route. Researching now to find something in just the right offset, style and size to be different but look damn good lol

i like how the stripes are turning into a car based "Magic Eye" game

#18 ·
Thanks! That exhaust went to good use! Im thinking 18x9 all around, 35mm offset. I want to run a 275/45/18 ideally but theres much more choice in the 275/40 size =/

#23 ·
Very true. Also based on a long thread I saw they average high 20's/ low 30's if you do a lot of highway. My focus broke 30 mpg maybe a handful of times.

and then theres this:

Plenty fast for a DD if you ask me [cheers]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.