Focus Fanatics Forum banner

what parts are changable?

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Egz 
#1 ·
ok so i have an 01 zx3 ztec with svt parts on it...what is changable from the svt's over to the dtec foci's from 08-11? pretty plain and simple question right?

#7 ·
Exhaust, suspension with the omni kit, swaybars, rear disk brakes

#10 ·
thats so weird that not all had them like the first gens...so in a sense its really hard to depict what is swapable from the early 2000's to 08-11, from what im gathering...? except for

sway bars
exhaust minus the header
dgr coilover suspension with the omni-kit for the front, not sure about the rear lowering springs and shocks
wheels
rear svt brakes-never got an answer about the front bigger brakes from svt
idk if im missing anything but the more answers i get the easier it will be for me to make a decision on wether or not i want to buy an 08-11 or newer or even older depending on availibility of different models.

#13 ·
What are you looking for? Do you want to do a Dura-tech or a Zetec? Cost effeicent model would be a '05-'07 st, unless your your wanting to do a hatch.

#11 ·
If you want to upgrade your front brakes, you have a few options. SVT knuckles, which will work with your current lower control arms and suspension. 05 knuckles require a 05 lower control arm but will fit 00-05 suspension. Or you can use 06-07 knuckles, and will need the 05-07 lower control arm, and 06-07 suspension. Any of these can use 05-07 calipers and fit 15" wheels, or you can fit SVT calipers with larger wheels.

I am not sure of interchangeability with the 08-11 suspension and brakes.

#12 ·
so for the most part i have to do some searching for a car that has the best performance features like sway bars nd stuff then go from there...hmm. i want a black one with prefferably EAP wheels, just so i can have some options when i run it as a summer car, and use the zx3 as a winter beater

#14 ·
Pretty sure if he took everything off of the SVTs front suspension (lower control arm, knuckle, brakes, front struts), it all should swap over. Then he wouldn't need the omni kit for the aftermarket suspension.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.