Focus Fanatics Forum banner

could it be beat?

4K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  ZX3_2NV 
#1 ·
how hard does the Solstice 2008 pulls?...

I was reading it has 177 hp and 16xlbft of tq...
i also read it was quite heavy?

focus svt 2003:
2.0 L
2750 - 2,770 lbs
170hp 145lbft
0-60 7.5-7.8 sec

solstice 2008:
2.4 L
2,860 lbs
173 HP @ 5,800 rpm; 167 ft lb
0-60 7.2-7.7 sec

The guy thinks his car is fast as a ferrari lol... and he says the focus is ugly.. which i dont care i cuz i like it.. is there any prob in a race of he losing?.. i dont think im racing vs him but id like to know lol xD.

Things look really close.. eventhough the solstice is a 2 pass car... and has a bigger engine, maybe it doesnt count but the solstice driver is kinda fat too hahaa, im not skinny but im like 160 lb he must be like 230 maybe?.. his car i think its stock and mine has... uhm .. toms tune, spec stg 2 clutch n alum fw, k&n filter, cat delete and 1 vf motor mount... i dont think i get much hp from those mods but may worth a penny at last haha

so what do you guys think about the solstice? i just started to think its a un unefficient car in some way i also read it has some understeering at the track.. the brakes are good.. uhm... thats pretty much it

See less See more
#6 ·
ive beaten a solstice at the track before. but i dont have an svt...

#10 ·
yes at the drag strip. i was running high 14's, low 15's all night that night. and the best he did was a 15.4

#8 ·
i didn't race a solstice, but i saw him run a 16.1 at the track, slow as all get out!! i ran low 15's that day, never went against him, but it would have been nice to spank his car!! i think he had never driven it b4, cause i'm guessing they can run low to mid 15's all day. but it would be really really close!!

#9 ·
give it a run.

I had a guy in a saturn sky take a couple of runs with me once. I would say that we were equally matched and it could very well be a drivers race, but with the RWD its tough to get them on the launch. They have the advantage.

#12 ·
if you can drive, you will do better than a 15.9. ive heard of svt's going mid 15's stock.

and maybe some svt guys can chime in with what they have done

#20 ·
yep invite him out to the strip, these guys will never show up.
the A4 guy at work, the S5 guy at work, the Covette guy at work...all talk smack, but they never come out.
no one expects a Focus to be fast.

#22 ·
If you take him to the track and loose, o well, but you paid 1/2 as much for a car that is basically as fast and handles better!! lol, that should shut him up!!

#25 ·
i would say to race him. the best way is to get him to a track. there is paper work involved there. you can save a time slip. on the street he could just say he wasn't really racing. get him to a track and show him what our cars can do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.