Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Tuning Solution (Injected Engineering)

2M views 3K replies 193 participants last post by  1turbofocus 
#1 · (Edited)
What are some suggestions for the entry level programmer? Maybe a 87, 91, and 93 octane tune? Maybe adjusting speedo calibration, or even a speed limiter for parent who bought one of these for their kids, and would like a added piece of mind that their little angels aren't burning the roads up? I think everyone can benefit from a discussion like this, and look forward to everyone's responses.

MK3 Ford Focus Tuning

The graph posted above is a comparison between stock and tuned on a completely stock 2013 Focus Titanium with a DCT transmission. Both runs were made with the hood down with the operating temp at the same levels. The rev limiter was also raised to 7000 RPM's for a apples to apples comparison.

See less See more
#2 ·
SWEEET, We need a tune to work with all the CAI, and Exhausts out there. maybe not individually, but one that could bump up the HP... We are looking for 200WHP.....

#4 ·
Hi! Welcome to the forum! I'm excited to see someone interested in tuning our cars. This thread might answer some of your questions:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311405

A lot of us have been waiting a long time for tuning. Things that a lot of us are looking for out of a tune are:

• 87, and especially 91 & 93 Octane performance maps (a switchable 'economy' and valet map would be nice too)
  • Ability to enable/disable the electronic stability program
  • Electronic governor defeat
  • custom rev limit as well as the ability to tune for our various mods (Intake, exhaust, header, etc), as per usual.

A cursory inspection of this forum as well as FJ will reveal that there's definitely a lot we're interested in. A question I have for you is what kind of a dealer network and hardware options do you have?

#8 ·
Right now we are the only company that I know of with this capability. In the coming weeks I will be in contact with others, and you will begin to see a network. We are in the process now of becoming a vendor on this site, and I have inquired with others. The mods and admin here have been very welcoming, and for that we are appreciative. Right now I am not in a position to discuss pricing, or how the tunes will be loaded into the data link. What I can say is that the last couple weeks have been very exciting, and I'd like everyone to get ready to NOT be disappointed.

#9 ·
Gear ratios?
This would make my idea to swap my final drive from 3.82 to > 4.06:1 a real possibility.

Something with the capabilities of SCT's livewire TS would be nice. I see on Injected's website that they work with SCT as well as Diablosport and other familiar names....

#17 ·
Something like the Diablosport Trinity for our car would rock. I don't want to bash SCT, but the boat seems to have sailed on their chance to earn our business. I've got high hopes for what Injected is cooking up for us... And a good reason to squirrel away some funds now.

#20 ·
We've lost faith because SCT specifically has played around with us for the last two years.

We're looking to be able to tune according to the modifications, as well as the standard regular and high octane tunes.

Personally I'd like to unlock the power train, but not push it to 11 as I still would want it to last a long time.

#23 ·
I've said this before but I'll say it again; Every time I drive my car I can tell it would be 100% more awesome if tuning would be available. Super excited to see someone has made some serious progress.

Some things I would like to see:
  • The ability to tune for different octanes. I know a 93 tune would give the car a good bit of performance.
  • Some type of economy tune. I do a bit of road trips and trips to college and back are 3 hours long... The more fuel I can save the better!
  • Custom Rev and Custom Idle
  • The ability to tune the DCT to just work better. Maybe some harder shifts at WOT but just the ability to make the thing work properly would be nice
  • The MOST important thing for me is the ability to have my car tuned to properly run with the mods I have (Steeda CIA, FSWerks Stealth Exhaust). If we got the ability to modify timing and things like that custom, safe tunes could be done by people like Tom from Focus Power... I'd love to have him remote tune my car after reading the good he's done to so many other peoples cars.

#26 ·
I'd love to be able to get a custom tune from one of the excellent local tuning shops here in my neck of the woods. Injected and some place like EFI Logics need to get together for us Northeast/New England Focus folks.

#35 ·
I mean lets face it a lot of us are looking to be able to plug something in and get a big enough bang for out buck that we can feel it in our seats! Would be nice to see better numbers even out of the bonde stock focuses. I know these cars come a little detuned and lean from the factory. Lets do something that will add a little more fun into these hot hatches shall we!?

#39 ·
F-I-N-A-L-L-Y!!! Very excited to see what kind of tunes you guys can do. As been said above, I would like to see a tune for intake, exhaust, header on 93, no CEL for O2 sensor on header, possibly cancel traction control/vectoring, raise redline and limiter...

I'm in Greenville, SC, but my Dad still lives in Gwinnett County, GA so I would love to come by the shop whenever the next time I visit GA and see what you guys have cooking...

Emanuel

#55 ·
Exactly what he said this engine pulls hard to redline and then blam there goes the limiter. I use nothing but 93 fuel. I would like to raise the mile per hour limit also

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.