Focus Fanatics Forum banner

588whp 500tq just got off the dyno :)

77K views 481 replies 65 participants last post by  700whpfocus 
#1 · (Edited)
Well back after a good/bad night lol

Ok well when it was time for my car to get on the dyno it was late 5pm and the dyno closed at 7pm so we were really rushed but. We made a couple pump gas pulls and it made SAE 440whp on 19-20psi only revving to 7k the graph is still climbing hard and i think there another 15-20whp left in her but we were time crunched and said lets just do c16 tune. Got it all situated and made a couple runs. Ended up doing SAE 588whp and 500tq at 29psi. BUT the clutch is slipping so bad we had to stop there. we only made about 3 c16 pulls because the clutch is slipping so bad. besides that lol when it does catch it literally spins my Dragradials on the dyno. we have 4 straps up front and 2 ppl standing on the door sills yet the turbo is coming in so hard its spinning lol, we all thought it was funny. So SAE 588whp is the only semi clean run which its not finished cause of the slipping and spinning. it has more timing left and its at a 10 something afr. and to top it all off my slave cylinder went out tonight and i limped it back to the hotel till i get a trailer to tow it home. but lets just say 550whp 2j is300 cant hang ;). all and all it was a long day but it was awesome. BIG THANKS to Fernando for tuning her, we were beating up the foci and she running strong motor wise.

ANNNNNNNNND

Chris svt focus made SAE 435whp on pump gas, she riding hard. still a completely stock head. and the graph looks awesome holds the power all the way till 7600rpm.

O also all runs were literally on a 100degree day with 30% humidity :/

STAY updated for videos and the graphs will be posted tomorrow when we get them

See less See more
#7 ·
Lol it will be done before the weekend haha

#14 ·
Also it made 602whp and 501tq at STD numbers. seems like everyone uses them

#15 ·
Fook, Bryan better get my crap sent ASAP. My Lentech shipped today!

Nice numbers. How much is c16 across the bay?

#22 ·
Still waiting on the dyno graphs when i get them ill post them

#24 ·
And most of the domestics around here;) thank you tho

#26 ·
Sorry for the delay , just getting around to uploading the graph. First I would like to thank Jim for giving us the opportunity to work and be apart of his great build! This car honeslty surprised me, not only with the power but how hard it came on. There is no doubt in my mind that this car can make 650whp without much more effort , the key to this would be a clutch able to hold the power (As you can see where the clutch slips in the graph). Once that void is filled then we would need to add more people/weight to the front as when the clutch did hold , it spun the tires on the dyno in the upper RPM range. With that being said, I'll let the dyno graphs do the rest of the talking .. I believe the next step for Jim is getting this beast on the track!

#28 ·
Pretty much twin disk is my only option, i just cant stand how hard they grab. there not a DD clutch in my opinion.

But its will deff make 650, but im gonna go 10s with how it sits now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.