Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Mazda3-5 MS3 MotorMounts Fit 2012 Focus

102K views 454 replies 80 participants last post by  Gennylight13 
#1 · (Edited)
Did some measuring and since Im going to the dyno soon I want to get rid of the engine travel. Most know im running longtubes 2.5" borla and AEM CAI.

I enjoy testing things and seeing what fits these cars. Hopefully this makes other companies confirm these parts and start selling them.

Still waiting for fswerks to test fit their header since I showed them it fits.

Oh yes Not to shabby! I must say Im starting to Think I know my shit when it comes to these cars LOL [thankyou]

See less See more
#3 ·
Top one looks like jbarone. A lot of the MS3 guys swear by him, but as an individual hes an @$$hole. I know from personal experience from having my MS3, he was just disrespectful and highly unprofessional to those whenever they had a criticism of his work.

Good luck though!

#52 ·
Let me know if you guys have any questions. The mount fits the 12' focus well but the nut and bolt we supply currently need swapped out for a 14mm x 1.25 of equivalent length.

feta_mgp,
Sorry if I've rubbed you the wrong way. You are correct, sometimes I take criticism too personally. I'll work on it.

#4 ·
So after my rear motor mount needed to be replaced... Apparently from all the harsh driving conditions.. I decided to see if I can find poly or dura mounts for the rear mount.

1 reason is the car has terrible wheel hop when the tires break free.

2 Im tired of feeling the motor slam back and forth it really takes away from the DCT's ability to give a good amount of power to the wheels at all times.

3 I have a feeling this will make the DCT much more responsive.

Its For a Mazda 3 but this is the only rear motor mount I can find that looks similiar to ours. Single bolt through the subframe side and another through the engine side.

Wish me Luck.
Yeup, that's a James Barone RMM for a Speed3 alright.

#9 ·
It will work I looked Long and Hard at the mount and it should be a piece of cake!

#11 ·
04-2012 mazda mzr/duratecs use this mount. Never a focus till now... doesnt suprise me since this is a shared chassis and suspension for the past 12 years...

#22 ·
Ofcourse I had this done first thing in the morning I just got home to post the news. ZERO engine Movement. Very good results... Although it doesnt bother me there is vibration from this jerky shaky engine at 1000-2000 rpm.

Cabin vibration isnt noticeable above 2000 rpm

#23 ·
Nice Work! Its great that you took a chance on this. Thank You! Where did you get the mount? Looks like a very solid piece.

#24 ·
James Barone Racing hes going to add the 2012 focus to his site within a month but you can order this from him whenever...

I would like a slightly softer version for this car and Ill use this mount for my ST

#25 ·
Right now you are way out in front with testing what works and what doesnt, everybody else is just waiting for you to test things it seems like

#26 ·
Tell me about it lol... All these companies Im doing favors for... I need some discounts!

#30 ·
70 red 80 black... i need 60 or 50 for this car its a bit to aggressive for my tastes. If the mount stays the same for the ST ill be all for the 70

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.