Focus Fanatics Forum banner

FSWerks Header? Buy it??

19K views 117 replies 23 participants last post by  SlickWilly 
#1 ·
A lot of yall know me I come on and off the forums, but you pretty much know what's been modded to my focus. If you don't then click on my profile and look real quick so you can answer my follow up question.

I've had the Race Header from Fswerks on my wish list for a long time the thing that kinda, side tracked me was that I needed a tune for it. However, is the tune necessary to get it at the same time? Or even soon? The only problem I hear it causes is the o2 sensor light go off on the dashboard.. I can deal with that for a couple of months.

Anyways FSWERKS is giving a 20% off sale which is nearly -$100 off so instead of paying $410 w s/h + taxes I'd be paying $340 including everything. The normal price for the 4-1 race header is $379.99 so i'm getting a great deal.

http://www.focussport.com/headers.htm

Bad news is the deal ends tomorrow so I need to make a decision quick and is to why I'm asking yalls opinion, is header safe to be put in my car? Thats why I need you to look into my profile and see if it will interfere or cause problems with any of my current mods. P.S. Do I need to also get that "2.5 Flex joint & extension" they sell for an additional $89?

Thanks for the help in advance!

EDIT i added a pic to this post of my profile so yall dont have to go into my profile instead...

See less See more
#110 ·
True, the OBX is non coated. As for the sound, it is loud, and in some states you WILL need.to quiet it down for it to be legal, but a RICE exhaust is a muffler with an opening the size of one of the engines cylinders.

#111 ·
since there has been like 3 definitions so far for rice lets just say it sounds ricey,
when i had that same setup u could hear my car from 3 blocks away, its not a rumble like a subaru or deep spooling sound of a big turbo supra its a loud raspy obnoxious crackle that gets mistaken for a honda

#112 ·
Per the cyclinder size definition, you could run up to a 3.4" exhaust and not be ricey lol. It is loud, and when the OP gets tired of it, its an easy change to add a muffler at the straight section of exhaust. It's tough to not have a honda sound, similar displacement, front intake aft exhaust layout (k-series), the two motors have a lot in common.

At least it sounds better than a race prepped miata ;)

#113 ·
The sad part is my girlfriends Cavalier has a coffee can about 4 inches in diameter, she bought it that way though, for dirt cheap to boot.xD Im surprised I havent been pulled over for how loud my exhaust is, with just the header, NY cops are uptight.o.-

#115 ·
I know it's been a while since I opened this thread... but just wanted to let yall know that I ended up buying a Header a while back and after a year or so I got tired of the "too loud" race exhaust so I bought a stealth muffler from fswerks... Currently running the Stealth + 4-1 Header combo. Sounds great. Relax & toned. Next up is definitely getting the flash tune chip

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.