Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Took my 2012 SE to the drag strip!

10K views 39 replies 17 participants last post by  RonMaiden 
#1 · (Edited)
My friend has been bugging me to go to the drag strip with him for a while and I finally decided to go. I made 5 total runs and the following is my best run of the night. Enjoy!

EDIT: Time slip added

See less See more
1 1
#5 ·
You need a helmet for a 16 second run? At our strip you don't need a helmet til you're under 14 secs.

Still the best 1/4 mile time form an SE I've seen reported was a 15.9 by MotorTrend.

#13 ·
Its a blast, i was saying 16.7? I thought these were a little faster.. lol Ill try to get mine to one soon[idea]

#15 ·
Makes me miss my strip day with my AWD Eclipse which was hitting 1.7 60's on all seasons and finishing in 12.9s up at 5800ft asl but did get a 12.4 down in Phoenix and then ran the same in Houston.

#23 ·
Thats why he wore the helmet so no one could see who he was. LOL just kidding

I race my focus for years at 16.60's had a lot of fun doing it too. But I must say in a bracket race it is a lot easier to win if you are chasing. A little easier to judge closing gap and weather or not you got a bad start... I was always happy when I an .0xx or a .00x reaction time....I thinnk my best one was .002 [:)]

#17 ·
Very cool, I miss the strip too, but my FoFo won't see any part of the strip except the outside parking lot, lol

#25 ·
With a car like this, it's more about fun [headbang]

you didnt have to borrow that helmet did you? i think you were safe enough without it only going 85
Yeah, I had to use a helmet. EVERYONE who goes down the strip has to wear one. No big deal, they don't make you put it on until you are on deck.

I bet a couple more trips and get those launces down those runs will becloser to 16 flat. My '93 Geo Storm GSi with 140hp ran 16.2 so I know the Focus has better than that in it.
Yeah, I can get it down. I just need a cooler day.

#20 ·
I remember trapping mid-80s mph in the 1/4... now I trap faster than that in the 1/8th mile. lol

My first time out with my 07 yielded a best of 16.62 @ 83mph at 2,800ft DA in the Texas heat.

#24 ·
I was like u when I use to go to the strip with my old 08 4door I use to run 16.5 @ 87 mph @ 3500 above sea level here in el paso tx

#28 ·
Oooh, 15.9. Now there is something to shoot for. I bet this was done in "perfect" weather at a track like Atco in NJ where the elevation is the best for the drag strip. I'm going to take the car again in the Fall when the conditions are more suitable.

#40 ·
My Geo Storm GSi back in '93 ran a 16.2 in showroom trim but a little weight savings and better driving got me to a 15.99;it felt slow back then but once I bought a turbo AWD Eclipse and threw only a few hundred in it and was running with Vettes my perspective of speed changed. I miss having a low 12 second 4 banger that was very unassuming back in the day.

All that said I still think the Focus is a fun zippy car to drive especially with the 5 speed and will be getting some numbers this spring when the strip opens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.