Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Help with sub/amp install. Please!!!!!

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  JoeyK 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a '13 se sedan with sync 6 speakers 4 in the doors and 2 tweets. i'm trying to figure out where i can wire up this freaking LOC. I can't find the wiring for the life of me and i am trying to avoid removing the door panels (i'm sorry i just bought it i don't wanna hurt it) is there a pulg under passenger side dash or what? bc i remember reading that the rear speakers don't have a lot of output bc of the way ford has the stock radio tuned. also i am wondering if i even have the right LOC i bought it from best buy for $15. Will it work good? So please help me with wire location for speakers and colors and were i can find a good remote turn on for my amp. Thanks in advanced!

#2 ·
I have 13 SE sedan, I also have an amp with low level inputs. The wires are in the b-piller, If you push the front seats all the way forward you can pop off the cover, driver side rear has 2 brown white, I believe one has a white stripe, and one has a blue stripe. Pass side has a white wire and green wire. I cut the wires there and added wire to the amp.
I can double check the wire colored and let you know for sure this evening.
I have not connected the front speakers yet, they are still connected to the radio.
As for the remote wire I ran to the rear fuse box and used the top 15 amp fuse. Only thing is that this fuse does not get power till the key in in the run position...

#4 ·
i know there is a plug some where under the dash that has all of the speaker wire in it. i just dont know where it is and would like to find it bc the LOC I have has 4 wires 2 for left and 2 for right and i wanna get all of them hooked up correctly with the front speakers and remain using the fron speakers. Thanks guys for all of the input

#5 ·
If anyone finds that bundle under the dash or knows the front speaker wire colors.. please post... thanks

#6 ·
Just remove the radio to tag the wires. It isnt very involed to remove it. As for wire colors i dont know. I will say do both left and right speaker inputs instead of only one and to use the front speakers as the input. Reason being, rear speakers in most newwer cars do not have full range to them. Only the front do, and its not even a complete full range.

#7 ·
If it ever stops raining when I get off of work I will get my front speakers connected.. The Amp doesnt sound bad with the high level line-in. But once I find the front wires I will use the LOC...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.