Focus Fanatics Forum banner

looking into autox...

9K views 55 replies 15 participants last post by  WD40 
#1 ·
I'm becoming more and more interested in autox. My current mods include FS stage 2 turbo, Exedy stage 2 clutch, FS cat-back exhaust, H&R lowering springs, and front tower strut bar. I still have stock brakes and differentials. What all do I need to do to be able to compete?

#39 ·
Do shop around for the koni's considering they cost $$$$$$$$$ I got mine from Newedgeperformance.com. But for making the fat lady skinny lose the spare, jack, tire iron, all the interior panals except the front dash an center console, rear seat an passanger seat, carpet, head liner (do remember without the panals, carpet, & head liner inside it's going to get really hot/cold an really noisey)

#44 ·
I'm going to change that out for an aftermarked one and fill the space with a gauge cluster then.

Yeah, the Koni's are pretty expensive but I'm assuming they are well worth it.

#52 ·
I recently put on the Eibach 25mm rear sway bar and I still have the OEM stock sway bar on due to problems with fitment. Since I've had it on I had a nice warm day to see what I got. With everything out of the rear and tires down to 32psi I noticed it was a bit tail happy if pushed a little more. It honestly scared me. With the stock sway bar in front I don't feel as confident as I did with the OEM bar. So, if your going to keep the front sway bar stock I wouldn't go with anything bigger than a 24mm bar in the rear. I do think however the Eibach kit will handle very well once I received the right bar and have it installed. With the 16X7 rotas and 215/45/16 kuhmo xs my car should be a delightful drive.

#55 ·
so after reading this whole thing i think i have found that the most important thing is the driver. The car is a big part but only when you know how to push your car to the edge, becuase then the only thing for you to do is move the edge. this was an awesome thread lots of info and plenty of exp. thanks guys.

#56 ·
so after reading this whole thing i think i have found that the most important thing is the driver.
You're learning fast Grasshopper. [;)]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.