Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Those with Magnaflow's Exhaust System (Part #15072)

56K views 197 replies 42 participants last post by  Gi_Jo_Nathan 
#1 ·
I'm VERY interested in purchasing Magnaflow's exhaust system for my SEL, but I wanted to get a little more info on it before throwing down the $$$. So far the only FF member I've seen with the actual Magnaflow system (non-custom) is VH5150, and he was even nice enough to post up a decent write-up with detailed pictures. Here's the link:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295099

With that said, I'd like to ask anyone with this particular system to please post up with their experiences with it. If you happen to have any videos or photos to post up, as well, that'd be even better! [race] From what I've heard from the Magnaflow website, I really love how this exhaust sounds, but I was hoping to hear a few other clips from the FF community to really sway my decision. [woot]

Thanks in advance for any and all help! [ffrocks]

#92 ·
Also when i made a test pipe for the magnaflow exhaust o didnt gain a whole lot of power but it reved smoother less restrictive not as big a gain as my old 05 but a gain to warrant it none the less.

#96 ·
I had the exhaust installed the other day, and initial thoughts were it wasn't all that loud. It gave the car a nice deep tone, but it's not as loud as you might expect, or I'd hoped. I had the back seat down in my sedan, and I guess that affects noise considerably, since after putting it back up yesterday, its quieter. I guess with a hatchback it would sound a little better on the inside, which is kind of what I was hoping for.

#100 ·
I am curious as to how it would sound without the resonator...

#105 ·
Swapping out the intake affected the exhaust note? Or are you just saying you like the additional sound from the intake? I have been toying with the idea of the FSWerks intake.

#107 ·
If you can get the 15072 for $250, buy every one that you can get your hands on!

#109 ·
Yea, I searched first on the magnaflow website then searched for a dealer near my place and asked them if they got stock of magnaflow cat-back that I can buy from them, then he said that price. I will call the dealer again and clarify.

#110 ·
Yes, buy him out, and resell for a sweet profit lol.

#111 ·
Alright I got an email from the guy and here is what he said "Yes sir we do magnaflow cat back exhaust. We custom make ours and use magnaflow mufflers. A single exhaust starts at $235 for your car. $300 will get the best we have with a stainless tip and everything"

I don't know if that price is for single tip or double tip.

o_O

#112 ·
Ask if its stainless steel and rig (tig must be feeling like a chinaman today haha) welded if its not I wouldn't get it might will rust and aluminized in my eye isn't as good especially if in a place where salt is used.. I'm in Cali I I won't touch aluminized sounds tinny to me

#115 ·
Regarding aluminum or stainless, it depends how long you plan to keep the car imo. Aluminum will probably last 5 or so years before it'll need replacing/repairs. Stainless will outlive the car. Being that you live in NC, you might be able to get away with aluminum. However, I'd go with mandrel bent pipe. I turned down a similar offer from a local exhaust shop that would have fabricated something up for me with compression bent SS and a random magnaflow muffler and tip. I didn't do this because I wanted mandrel bending, and I didn't know what the muffler would sound like. It wasn't worth the risk in sound alone.

#117 ·
Mine is just the sedan version. Exactly the same except for the length of straight pipe under the middle of the car (the sedan is a few inches longer than the hatchback).

#119 ·
$550 final price. Would I do it again? Probably not.

#122 ·
Mainly because its really not that loud. It gives it a deeper tone, however, there's not much of a volume increase, if any at all, inside or outside.

#128 ·
From what I've researched on this site, 2.5" is the way to go to optimize power. However, that size comes with the louder exhaust. 2.25" is going to have a noticeable impact I would assume. It increases the cross-sectional area by 26.5% which is nothing to sneeze at.

#133 ·
I like how it sounds down low better.

#137 ·
Hate to spam my video, but there aren't too many out there. Mods I have are in my sig.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.