Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Magnets

5K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  zx360 
#1 ·
I lost one of my magnets at the last event. I left it on the car on accident and lost it down the interstate. Just wondering if any of you have a good place that you go purchased yours from. Somewhere that isnt going to cost me 80 bucks.
Thanks in advance

#2 ·
i ruined mine after the last event... i made them from staples, but they got a little crumpled, then i forgot them on the trunk trying to get them to flatten in the sun, and forgot them over night.... and the morning dew worked them over.... pissed....

#3 ·
Are you referring to magnetic door numbers etc. If so most sign/banner shops have them or can make them up for you and for a lot less than race shops etc. I've also seen the magnetic sheeting sold on line in various sizes so you can cut your own numbers if desired. The sign shops may even sell the sheeting as well. Hobby shops may even carry it.

#4 ·
The sign shops may even sell the sheeting as well.
^^^That's where I got mine...sign shop.
I also picked up some bulk peel and stick vinyl from the same place and made my own numbers to put on the magnetic sheets.
Here's what they look like:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3043654&postcount=242

i ruined mine after the last event... i made them from staples
If you're referring to the 8.5X11 sheets that you can run through a printer, that's pretty thin stuff.
The sign shop material is probably 3/32" thick.

BTW, my numbers still stayed on the car at 125mph. [:D]
http://www.focusfanatics.com/gallery/data/509/5157RoadCourse-1.jpg

#11 ·
http://www.izoomgraphics.com/index....s_id=1&zenid=6134866376c8babab9f8e59ee40d81fe
If you don't want anything fancy, these are what I have. They're the thicker material, and hold up to track and interstate speeds. Mine have only fallen off once, when they were stacked on top of another magnet sheet, and I slid sideways hitting them directly with a cone. After the run group was over I collected them and they were fine. You can only get black or white, but it's easy to paint them later if you want.

#12 ·
i jsut picked these up from one if the focus rising sponsors a couple weeks ago. pm me if you want the site adress. btw these stayed put on the car in the crappy rainy weather without any issues and were super easy to dry off afterwards. and yes i am ice racing...

i spent 60 bucks for teh set. with my name on them so if i loose one it can be at least mailed back if found. i live close so shipping wasn't an issue.

#17 · (Edited)
Im the one who made them. Thank you for the compliments. If anyone wants magnets made i have a very wide variety i can do. If you want anything done just PM me, both Paladin and WUGcatsvts magnets were the first 2 i did and both have been tested a lot between them 2 and me. I know they have lasted to pretty high speeds, and in freezing temps. If anyone wants any made up let me know id be more then happy to help.

close ups.

#16 ·
^^PM me if you want to know who did them.. In the SCCA you choose your own numbers.
Paladin, thanks for the comments. I actually bought the roof rack from ebay.uk and had it shipped to a friend over there and shipped to be APO. Cost me 100 bucks shipped to my door. [:D]

#21 ·
I have to say that ZX360's magnents have been working awesome this season!!! Mine are the 142 FSP shown above. I especially like the removable "1" panel that he created, its a much better look when I have a co-driver, I don't have to do something like try to tape over numbers between drivers. No issues with them falling off, shifting, and they've held up great!

Plus, if you know me, I am always standing up for those vendors/shops/manufacturers that support the ford focus. It was well worth the cost for the clean look they give me.

[ffrocks]

#22 ·
Im glad you are still happy with your magnets! , its nice to see people appreciating quality products and not just whats the cheapest [thumb]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.