Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Engine light - No codes?

3K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  ZTSDel 
#1 ·
2000 Focus Lx. I know this is becoming a worn out question but please reply.
Engine light on continuously. Self test shows codes 'none'. Disconnected battery and light returned after one day. With no computer codes what is the most likely suspect? pvc valve, 02 sensor??? I've read that just changing fuel octane will cause the light to come on. Heck, I'm beginning to think that if I fart the light will ignite and blow me up or something. haha I know it is very senative but having a yellow caution light always on makes me wonder. Where to look first? Thanks for any feedbacks.

#2 ·
try a tune up

#3 ·
The test mode on the instrument cluster displays only a few codes, mostly related to the cluster and the data it displays (speed, tach, engine temp, etc). It does not display the whole range of hundreds of actual OBD-II trouble codes. If your Check Engine light is on, you DO have a code. You need to bring it someplace (like AutoZone, although I shudder to say that) that will read the code for you.

#5 ·
ispy said:
Heck, I'm beginning to think that if I fart the light will ignite and blow me up or something.
lol, no more beans for you [:p] as soffiler said, bring it to an auto shop and have them read the code. i believe autozone will do it for no charge

#8 ·
Mine was about 189.00 dollers. I got mine from partsamarica.com. If you work on cars as a side job it is almost requred for newer cars.

#9 ·
Handy thing to have when you can not get to Autozone.

#11 ·
I like beans. Oh, when I did fart it ripped a big hole in the seat and I think a few plastic clips fell of the engine mound area or something because I started getting this rotten egg smell through the circulation fan vents. hahaha Only kidding. I'll take it in for a free read. Nothing else is wrong with the performance as far as I can tell because I'm too busy farting.

#14 ·
After all that and the fine staff at auto zone couldn't find it, hahahahahahaha, now that is funny. It is under the fuse box hideing under a removeable panel.

#15 ·
We need to write up a "How to disable the check engine light" mod.

#19 ·
I took mine to autozone and the fools coulndy find the reader, can anyone tell me where it is?

Not suprizing. A guy at work to his accord to autozone, and they told him to take out his passenger seat so they could get to the computer LOL. Funniest part is that he did!!

#20 ·
vanace said:
I took mine to autozone and the fools coulndy find the reader, can anyone tell me where it is?

Not suprizing. A guy at work to his accord to autozone, and they told him to take out his passenger seat so they could get to the computer LOL. Funniest part is that he did!!
Left of interior fuse panel and says OBD![thumb]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.