Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Amplifier Install Under Seat

9K views 41 replies 18 participants last post by  sbc17 
#1 · (Edited)
Has anyone here successfully installed an amplifier under the driver or passenger front seat of a 2012+ focus? If so do you have any photos? I havent had the seat out yet. Space looks limited as there is floor duct work.

Thanks in advance.

#31 ·
I've seen it done. Main issue is airflow. Don't want the amp to overheat. So, make sure there will be plenty of space for the heat to dissipate from around the amp.
I have both may amps under the drivers and passenger side seat without any problems and the amps haven't gotten even remotely warm.
Response will generally be the same no matter what car you drive. Adequate airflow = acceptable placement. Try it, if the amp overheats, move it.
i too have had an amp under each front seat.
i use my stereo exceedingly loud.. no issue of overheating or anything.. and that is with the seats at their lowest setting.

welcome to FF
the OP is correct in suggesting that his specific question only applies to 2012+ models, because there is indeed a large plastic vent outlet under the seat which would prevent the placement of an amp there. OP, i encountered the same problem during my install and i have a solution for you.

all you need is four medium zip-ties. thread them through the screw holes in the amp's chassis, and secure the amp to the bottom of the seat. this method retains full functionality of the HVAC outlet under the seat with the added bonus of keeping the amp clear of any hot air which may be blowing out of your floor vent.

hey sonic, should make a post with pics of how i did this? i'm new here.
all amps are different sizes, just because one fits doen't mean yours will, the only way to know it to try it yourself.
I wouldnt install any thing till 60k, up to you.
very true regarding warranty

I went to the dealership. Stuck my amp under the drivers seat and it fit. Then I left. Do I get cookies now?
and yes you an fit a godamn elephant under there as long as its the right dimensions...
there was plenty of "sound responses"
a lot of things, you can simply go out there and try for yourself.. like seeing if your amp will fit.. since amps come in all sorts of sizes.. some are smaller than home telephones..

so stop being a

#7 ·
If you dont have a 2012 AND you havent tried installing an amplifier under one of the front seats THEN why do you feel the need to share your expert opinion? This is an MK3 specific forum correct? Am I in the wrong section?

FWIW the amplifier was installed under the front seat of a mazda protege for 4-5 years. I did not have any difficulties. However there were no signifigant obstructions under those seats. I have not yet had the opportunity to remove one of the seats from the focus and I am looking for in put from someone that HAS done this.

Again, I am looking to have an intelligent discussion with someone who has completed what I have suggested. Thanks in advance.

#23 ·
yea idiots, clearly MK3's have grand royal obstructions under the seats you peasant MK1 and 2 focus owners would never understand [neener]

take 5 seconds, get on your knees, and look under the seat! hmmm...is there space? ok! make a conclusion!

this isnt just ANY car, its an MK3! everything is DIFFERENT!

#9 ·
To the OP... Cut the attitude... This whole website is open to all and intended to be an open forum of discussion on all topics. The Mk1 & 2 owners have as much if not more to bring to the table at times. This is your first warning on Respect and Threadiquette.

#10 ·
i too have had an amp under each front seat.
i use my stereo exceedingly loud.. no issue of overheating or anything.. and that is with the seats at their lowest setting.

welcome to FF

#11 ·
the OP is correct in suggesting that his specific question only applies to 2012+ models, because there is indeed a large plastic vent outlet under the seat which would prevent the placement of an amp there. OP, i encountered the same problem during my install and i have a solution for you.

all you need is four medium zip-ties. thread them through the screw holes in the amp's chassis, and secure the amp to the bottom of the seat. this method retains full functionality of the HVAC outlet under the seat with the added bonus of keeping the amp clear of any hot air which may be blowing out of your floor vent.

hey sonic, should make a post with pics of how i did this? i'm new here.

#13 ·
I could suggest a brand and series of amps that would easily fit in the available space. But I don't own a mk3, so I wont.

To the op, just because someone doesn't list owning a car as new as yours doesn't mean their knowledge is less valueable.

I personally own two mk1's and have friends that span all three gens. I have worked on all 3. Does the fact that I didn't buy one mean I don't have knowledge?

Good luck.

#18 ·
I understand the forum is open to all members. As it should be. I was under the impression that everyone would understand my question was related to 2012+ based on the subforum I posted in.

Moderator: Can you please adjust the title of this thread to "Amplifier Install Under Seat 2012+"

That will make my question clearer for everyone to understand.

Thankyou in advance.

#30 ·
Haha.

I hope you realized you pretty much killed this thread with your first rude remarks. No one likes helping a douche so this thread is pretty much just a joke now. You get what you give.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.