Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Project Goldilox (07 SE Progress Thread)

29K views 248 replies 54 participants last post by  GreySkorpion 
#1 ·
Well I won't be attending FR or FF, and the largest show I will be going to is IR here in Houston, so I figured I would construct this thread. For warning, my car is fairly dirty and the engine bay WILL be cleaned soon, just sayin!

I got her in early 2010 after my Escape died a tragic, slow, agonizing death. Some time over that summer, I installed a K&N intake and JBL sub/amp. Don't have any images of those at first install, so they start around October.

October 2010, when I joined FF.com

Few weeks later, wheels and tires were aquired! 17" black KMCs wrapped in Yokohama 215/45s, and one Kumho (hey they were already on, so why not)

Got my tint in January-ish

Then I got myself some low! With the help of Adam (AKA zinger)

Then she got her nametag! Customer black and gold euro plate to go with the overall black and gold theme of the car :)

Then late February, taken in the same place as my first picture!

And here is a little bit of engine bay progress. In chronological order.

And today, one of the final pieces before Import Reactor later this month, my team sticker! :)

And that's that for the time being. I have more stickers in the works for added horsepower of course. Hope you guys like it!

See less See more
#131 ·
Consider this post a last ditch attempt to garner some vote for ROTM. There are only 20 minutes left and I need 5 to win. We'll see.

On another note, I am going to take pictures of the fabric samples I got.

#133 ·
#138 ·
#6 is some heavy duty stuff. and heavy. i wouldn't mind using it for my seats though.

what about #1? it is hard to tell from the pictures, but those little dots are gold.

#147 ·
So far what I definitely plan to do are:
- Armrest
- Door handle inserts
- Space behind/above rear seats
- Headliner
- Trunk

edit: misread your question, sorry. small fix

#152 ·
No big. Won a local ROTM back in April (thanks to you guys here on FF). I am show-focused and that's what I care about. Everyone in Houston works hard on their cars, so anyone winning would have deserved it.

#154 ·
I really like the fabrics you're considering. I've always considered doin somethin different like that but could never find the right car to do it to. I love seeing the progress on this car. What are you thinkin valve cover wise?

#155 ·
Thanks man. I am not entirely sure yet what I am going to do about the valve cover. Probably powdercoat some interesting color. Or, depending on the cost, some engraving. Like something I saw at WekFest a couple weeks ago.

Best pic of it I could find on the fly

#164 ·
Thanks man! I already love it more than the shag.
How easy is it to wrap those interior pieces? If it sounds easy enough I am definetly going to do this too. Not the same material of course. lol
Super easy. The door handle inserts are just held in with clips. Pop it out, wrap it, pop it back in. The armrest lid comes off with a few screws, then a few more screws take the whole lid apart so you can just wrap the vinyl part. Then reverse everything and boom, back together.

Also, in that picture I posted, I was still mocking up what to do with my horn button. Here is the finished product.

#165 ·
Get an ooga horn like me. :D lol Yeah all of those pieces in my car are painted black with red splatters. I didnt know how to actually wrap the material. Did you just cut the amount of fabric you needed, then glued it? I definetly am making a trip to walmart soon for fabric. lol

#166 ·
These actually aren't glued in, but yes that is what you would do. Everything shown is just held in by the pieces themselves (clips, screws). I made an insert for my back window which I actually glued, but don't have any pictures of it.

And go to Joann Fabrics. Better selection and like almost all of their stuff is on sale. $10 bought me all the fabric I needed for these pieces, and I still have half of it left.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.