Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Help with timing belt tensioner

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Novaxclio 
#1 ·
I have been having lots of issues with my knock sensor going off, no matter what the load is. A simple rev, 10% throttle cruise, and WOT. I installed Comp 3's 6 months ago and have had this problem ever since. I replaced JUST the timing belt tensioner because it was chattering and sounded like it also had a bad bearing. it helped, but the new tensioner chatters and vibrates too. I see this as the problem for the KS going off, since its an audible noise, and very close to the knock sensor. the cams seemed to be in spec when I clearanced them. cams were tightened in proper sequence. The cams were used, so I thought maybe they were out of round, but the gears don't seem to show much of that.

SO. Can anyone head out to their car and check to see if the spec needle moves back and forth while engine is running, does it make any noises? You would need to have the timing cover off to do this.

Thanks!
Matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.