Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2012 Ford Focus Euro Headlamp Availability

147K views 398 replies 136 participants last post by  jinstall 
#1 ·
I am curious how many people would purchase Fords Euro LED/HID headlamps for their 2012 Focus.
We have not had any confirmation from a Ford Engineer in regards to their compatibility, but they appear to be about the same.

*If they were available, that is one of the first things that I would do!

#54 ·
So I read through most of that manual (there are some functions in the US model better described in this manual than ours) and, holy crap, that car is complicated. I fully understand why Ford made the limited feature choices for the US model. The controls for the HID headlight leveling system are ridiculous. And REAR fog lamps? WTF? [8]

#53 ·
http://www.eurotuner.com/featuredvehicles/eurp_1105_2012_ford_focus/index.html

Jost then outlined the shared DNA with other Ford products. There will be a parts program available through Ford Racing, just as we do with the Mustang. You’ll be able to put ST parts on base cars, for example, and Mountune is developing engine tuning parts for the car that we may bring to the US.

Since the Focus ST comes with the Euro LED/Xenon headlamps they should be available to buy. More waiting!!!

#61 ·
I agree with a previous poster in that after having HID headlamps I am not interested in halogens... ever. I am pretty disappointed that you can't get HIDs even in the titanium trim. I'm holding out for the ST anyway, so hopefully that model will get some HID love.

HID headlamp leveling, while nice and less time consuming than DIY leveling, most Americans go to the dealer for changing a freakin' light bulb, so no need to provide controls for leveling their own headlamps.
This is not true. Cars that have HID headlamps are required by law to have a leveling system. In Europe they are required to be auto-leveling. The point is that you can blind oncoming cars if you have a load of gear in your trunk/hatch because of the difference in projector angle. It's not a substitute for headlight alignment. Personally, I think the Europeans got it right on this one. Very few people understand why manual leveling systems exist and so they do not use them for their intended purpose.

#65 ·
I can buy them here in Germany (LHD), but I wouldn't be able to gaurantee that they'd be a direct swap. My shipping cost would be very low because I'm military, so I can use the USPS on base.

Posted via FF Mobile

#63 ·
>>>Has anyone found a good contact or seller for the european focus healights?

Ditto.

Do we have any verified compatibility data? They will have to be the ones set for driving on the right hand side. . . . ruling the UK out.

I presume the moment someone gets a part number they'll post it.

#68 ·
Bi-Xenon Headlamp Fans Let Your Voice Be Heard !!

Here's feedback I received from FMC...

Hi! My name is Jamie from Ford's Customer Relationship Center. I had the opportunity to read your email regarding the unavailability of bi-xenon headlights as an option on your 2012 Ford Focus.

Congratulations on the purchase of your 2012 Ford Focus. We are confident that you will enjoy the spacious interior in addition to the many features that your vehicle has to offer. You definitely chose a great vehicle.

We thank you for taking the time to write to us and providing feedback about the unavailability of the Bi-xenon headlights as an option to the vehicle your chose and your suggestion for this option to be sold on www.fordaccessoriesstore.com.

From time to time, vehicle models and options are added, deleted or modified. I would like you to know that the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center is unaware, of changes that our Engineering and Design Team may be making and the specific changes that may be made in the future. If you are interested in futuristic vehicle design ideas that we are working on, please visit us online at www.fordmotorcompany.com and select the Innovation tab.

In addition, we would like to invite you to share your comments with Ford Motor Company by visiting The Ford Story website at www.www.thefordstory.com. On this site you would be able to voice your opinions on what you would like to see in your next vehicle, such as additional security features, more convenience items, and so on. This is also where you can your share your experiences owning a Ford vehicle, catch up on exciting technologies and concepts being explored by Ford. You can also post questions for our engineers, designers or CEO.

Thank you for sharing your feedback and suggestion.

If you have any other inquiries or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We are more than happy to address them for you.

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company and have a great day!

#71 ·
Hello all,
I done that conversion. My car is 2012 Style. I did not modification on wiring. It is plug and play. But height adjustment is not working. Because of halogen headlights using servo motor, HID headlights are using stepper. No need any hardware modification. You will also need to configure GEM module for DRL. Otherwise LEDs are working only 1W..

#87 ·
do any of the euro models with projectors come with black trim around the housing like the American Titanium models? If not, I think I'm going to wait for the ST to come out here and hope it has that small cosmetic change. Honestly, to me it makes all the difference towards the look of the car!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.