Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Suspension 2004 SVT focus

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Geezer 
#1 ·
asking all svt guys, i am needing struts and shocks for my 04 svt hatchback and i am wanting a good riding and performance type anybody have answers or ideas for what to get ?? please share with me i dont have a big wallet either LOL

#2 ·
** Moved Thread to the Suspension Area **

There are plenty of great suspension setups for the SVT. Which by the way are the same setups for any of the 01-04 Hatchback Focuses.

The Eibach Sport system is a nice setup within budget if you want to go an inch from the Stock SVT setup.

That's just a start suggestion from me. There are plenty more, and I bet many of the members here will offer their suggestions and experiences for u.

Ray

#3 ·
The stock SVT suspension is pretty damn good. The stock SVT shocks and struts can be replaced with Ford Racing parts for less than 175.00 (which is less than half what you'd pay for any other aftermarket performance pieces). The stock stuff is the best bang for the buck available.

#6 ·
yup, Steve at Toulsey ford can get you the SVT shocks/struts and new strut bearings (you'll have em apart, so its good to replace these) for ~$200 shipped to your door.

or you can go after market. I personally like my koni yellows on the skunk2 springs. the konis allow for adjustment of dampening (stiffer), which makes the stiffer springs like skunk2/h&r's ride very well.

#7 ·
^This is great advice IMO. Plus, Steve at Tousley is an outstanding person to deal with. Tell him that you are from Focus Fanatics(he just might cut you a small deal).

#10 ·
Just a little bit of rise (maybe about a 1/4"). I think my old shocks had settle down about that much, however, because the car used to be in a nose dive, but with the Bilstiens in the front (old shocks still in the back), the car sits about flat.

#11 ·
Bilstein mono tube shocks have very high internal gas pressures which will "commonly" raise a car at rest (and unloaded) about a half an inch. My Miata looks like a 4x4 when parked but as soon as I sit in it, it comes back down to normal ride height. Bilstein owners accept this trait knowing that the performance improvements far outweigh the temporary visual issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.