Focus Fanatics Forum banner

looking to build a 14 second SE

3K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  oldunclestevo 
#1 ·
Hey guys I am wanting to get My ATX Zetec Sedan into the 14's . What I need is to now what I should Use to get it that fast all NA?

#9 ·
all NA? are you talking just cracking into the 14's? or a 14 flat? a 14 flat really can't be done for cheap at all. as you'll need a sick head, stage 4 cam, all boltons, upped compression, and a lot more. you may break into the 14's w/ a FR head, Crower 2's or 3's, SVT header, 3 inch back, FR intake, etc. look to spend about 4k or more! best to go w/ a JRSC, or a very mild turbo kit. that way, after you up the trans, your good for more. but 14's on an auto is difficult. and very costly

#10 ·
Yes id be happy running a 14.9 all motor . I was Looking at SVT Factory Box, FR Head Comp stage II cams ,Early 2k manifold Ported ,65mm TB ,SVT or Toms Square Tube Header,ORP , 2.5 " true Bendz exhaust, Low Profile Goodyear GT tires. (for faster Acceleration)

see where I stand then possibly a JRSC

#12 ·
Josh get a turbo man, all motor is to much money for what you get. Plus they sound much better, after I pay mine off a turbo is going on my st
the all motor thing is overrated......

I cant wait for the day you get a turbo kit Kyle......hope you have a place to live by then bc the old man will shit a brick!....I can hear him now..."didnt you learn anything from your older brother?????"

Jake, if you need reminded of how fun turbos are let me know sometime and I will take you for a ride in my Mustang up old tricounty....I would not hesitate to even throw a little powerworks unit on there, but wouldn't touch a JRSC..I know you are all tired of hearing John and I preach about that but we have been around for a while and seen what those do.

#15 ·
why not have both??

You don't have to go all motor as many suggested, I personally would leave the motor, except for a few bolt ons and put it on the juice. Get a tune from Tom for the spray and a separate one for the street. maybe a valve body upgrade.

#16 ·
I would say you would be impressed by my Mazda as well as the Mustang. You thought the ZX408 could leave a burnout....note a couple a black marks in from of the new school in Sardinia....did I say that out loud????

#17 ·
juice juice juice. if you wanna break into the 14s for as cheap as possible then all you need is about $700-$1000. that would be for a complete nitrous kit, wideband A/F gauge, and a TUNE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.