Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Drag Day G2G event

10K views 127 replies 10 participants last post by  Lil_RedZX3 
#1 ·
Drag Day G2G event (DATE SET)!!

gonna start it off and work on gettin it situated. all the who's whats wheres etc.

we could possibily have a potential date in the Fall edition of SVT day (no you dont need a SVTF to run as you've seen w/me) at 75-80 Dragway put on by the folks at Free State SVTOA. dates are tentative and their workin on settin it up...i'll be in touch w/them about it.

FS-SVTOA Drag Day.......Nov 8th. from 10-3 at 75/80. 20bux (15 if SVT member) to run all day (Gonna get LOTS of runs, i got 16 last time and i took breaks for eliminations (i ran in a class, you can just run for time though too)).

http://www.freestatesvtoa.com/calendar.shtml#20031108FSSVTOA

i'll get a list started and i'll jump on the other boards to get some action goin.

-Ult

See less See more
#4 ·
that is another event put on at 75/80 for fords (SVTOA will be present though)...i'm lookin into that event some more as well, as its another possibility for us. there is likely gonna be racing and time trials as well as the show/swap meet they have. have 1 of these every yr, but i'm workin on it.

-Ult

#6 ·
Thats what makes drag racing so much fun. It is usually 8 or 10 bucks to get in the gate for the day, and it is like 15 to 30 dollars to run your car. It depends on the track and the event. When you go you can watch and say, " hey that looks like fun and give it a try. At the level we are all running ( just for fun and bragging rights) no one will pick on you or make fun, actually people try to help out, and with the slower cars all you need is a seatbelt!
I have been roadrtacing for about 16 years on and off and know that sport quite well, but had never dragged till two years ago ( my first light was over 1 sec.[:I] ), I had a friend come up to me and tell me how to do it a little better and the quest was on. You will get to see some fast cars and have some fun, come on out I'll buy you a drink!!

#7 ·
let me know when this event may happen and viney if the comment about the drink was for me then im taking your word on it ok. i would love to go and see how it all goes down

#9 ·
ill make sure i take the beer after if i run which most likely i wont so i can definately have that drink. just let me know if thats a goog go or not

#12 ·
ZX3_Chick said:
Geez, all kinds of things are happening next month. I'd like to go but I'd watch. Never been to the drag strip before.
oh no, your not comin out here all this way to watch...your gonna run, if only a couple times. doesnt matter if you havent done it before. i've walked many people thru it and watched them had a coolass time w/their car.

workin on details

-Ult

#15 ·
mean? ah come on, this is just fun!!! y get frustrated, its only for a time. 4get about who's in the other lane, just go fast in your own car then find out how fast that is....and then run again to see if you can do better. helps validate the mods too!!!

FUN FUN FUN!!!!

-Ult

#16 ·
LOL. I might. It dos sound like fun. I'd probably be one of those people that wanna watch but at the same time wanna run my car, too. If this is for a Friday then I can't come. The only day I have off for October is Friday the 17th.

#24 ·
they run til 11, have to be closed down my midnight (as in no1 there). but i had to scrap cecil 2nite....brake rotors are just too warped. very horrible shake at high spd when i get on the brakes. just common sense, maybe next wed.

-Ult

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.