Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Clevite Bearings or Cosworth Bearings?

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  1turbofocus 
#1 ·
Anyone got any opinions on clevite bearings?
Clevite is a reputable company dealing with nascar engines for anyone that hasn't heard of them do some research.
As Im sure we all know Cosworth is very reputable.
Im try to decide if I should spend the extra $100+ on cosworth bearings or if I should save some $ and go for the clevite bearings.
At this point Im probably going with clevite but was hoping to get some feed back from others if anyone has used them that would be a plus

#4 · (Edited)
Yes I can get race connecting rod bearings and standard main bearings from clevite. Links:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-2-0-DURATEC-20-FOCUS-DOHC-BEARINGS-CB1840HXK-STD-/310474739675?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4849bc8fdb&vxp=mtr#ht_1278wt_1109
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clevite-MS2245H-Main-Bearing-Set-/380484487473?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5896a48931&vxp=mtr#ht_1237wt_930
Yes I am looking to build and I'm trying to get most of what I need with out spending to to much but it will still be costly. This morning I was able to score a set of New ARP Head Studs for $110 shipped and I'm getting a set of crower springs for around $200+. I'm about to get ARP Main Studs for $101.
That's just the beginning I have a spread sheet with almost $4k worth of parts on it for engine components.

For those who don't know me I own the Fox Marketing 08 Focus. It has the stock engine currently with a garret gt28rs turbo with a t25 flange. It has 252hp with 241tq but it has a mild steel manifold which is having cracking issues. Ive rewelded multiple times and it will not hold.

Last year I contact top speed and had them make me a stainless top mount vband manifold with a garret gtx2863 turbo, tial .64 v band housing, turbo smart comp gate 40 wg with stainless dump tube, 3" stainless down pipe, 3" IC pipe with maf bracket and bov bracket for the turbo smart race port bov I got with the electronic controller kit (not sure if im going to use it or not yet) and a AEM wideband. I also had ordered new yellow IC couplers and stainless t clamps. I got a good deal on massive adjustable toe arms last year so I have them also. All of that is waiting to be installed.

Things I have added since I bought the car are: Bosch Platinum 4 spark plugs, Exedy Stage 3 clutch kit from FSWerks, FSWerks front upper strut bar and engine cover. Turbosmart manual boost tee and boost gauge. Custom steering column cover with 2 pods. Custom fit floor and trunk mats that look like diamond plate, rockford fosgate t1500-1bdcp amp and 10 farad hybrid cap. Also installed the subs I had cause the single shallow mount p3 wasn't enough. They are bandpass sub box that has 2 10" ma audio hk100xc's (had 2 12" ma audio hk120xc's running at 1ohm but I destroyed them with the rockford amp) Also painted all the silver radio, dash and center console trim gloss black and ripped all the stickers off last year (I now have ghost stickers lol).

#7 ·
Thanks for the response, I figured they were a quality product but for my application Im not sure which type to go with. The link above I have the top of the line performance rod and main bearings and the cost is less then $200. I am waiting to hear back from Mahle Clevite to see what their recommendation is based off the setup Im going with, they offer 6 different types for rod bearings 11 if you count the sub sets for each type and 2 different types of main bearings 4 if you count the sub sets for them.
Link to the clevite catalog with 08 focus selected:
http://catalog.mahleclevite.com/lv/display_parts.php?vtec=28812:8001

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.