Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Houston track meet

8K views 110 replies 16 participants last post by  sleepyboy 
#1 · (Edited)
ALRIGHTY GUYS ... with alot of discussion this past meet at Mike's nice looking casa, it is time to go back to the Track. [thumb][race][driving]

I will figure an AUTO-X meet later. [wiggle]

This is to be a 1/4 Mile run. And this time we are going to SEALY.

Less people there , meaning more run time.

DATE:
AUGUST 14TH is SET
TIME: 6-11PM GATES OPEN AT 5
PLACE:
LONESTAR MOTORSPORTS PARK
120 OLD COLUMBUS RD. S.
SEALY, TX 77474
WHO:
ALL AND ALL

I am getting more info from them. For the Saturdays on the 7 and 21st, they have an event going on.

COST:
1/4 MILE TRACK ENTRY FEES:
SPECTATORS: $10
TECH CARDS: $10 ($20 TOTAL FOR YOU TO GET IN AND BE ABLE TO RACE)
STUDENTS: $5 (MUST HAVE STUDENT ID)
KIDS UNDER 12: FREE!
MILITARY (ACTIVE OR RESERVE), POLICE, FIRE, EMT, ETC. MUST PRESENT PHOTO ID) - FREE ENTRY & FREE TECH CARD

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

I am thinking we run a pot for the SEDAN guys ... again. Battle of the SPIs anyone??

-Ray-

See less See more
#5 ·
I might be able on the 14th but not sure atm and the 28th is out due to work.

Posted via FF Mobile

#8 ·
Holy crap I was seriously coming to the boards to suggest a track meet around that date haha. Coworkers are going to be goin to the track with their cars either that friday or sat. to the first on we went to... Houston Motorspeedway? or something like that.

I should have my intake then so I wanna see how much better my times are =)

nvm haha just read we''re headed to sealy.. sounds good to me =D

#9 ·
Okay ... I was thinking the 14th as well.

And I want to see Tom and Mike go at it ... so I will change it to the 14th.

-Ray-

#11 ·
Okay ...I want to see Tom and Mike go at it ... so I will change it to the 14th.

-Ray-

What ever happend to Tom and Paul?? oh that's right it NEVER happened[bigcry] [xx(]

Worst of all Tom's t-charged now so......

Raymond I got my eye on you now. Time to whup up on some [smackbum]

[joke] Well I've been wanting to go at it again since it's been sooo long and your car was sick. But now that it's better and my car is running tip top (except for th cam gears not dyno tuned) I think it's about time we see we we stand now.

[cheers]

#10 ·
Well, Matt. We aren't going to the one in Baytown this time. We are going to the one in Sealy. Which is actually closer to the West Side of town ... your side of town.

-Ray-

#13 ·
ill race you. itll be just for fun as im stock engine wise. ill see about putting the summer tires back on the car :)

#16 ·
Come on ZAB. Not much farther than the one in Baytown.

We are all going to be driving an hour plus. I am coming from Sugarland and Jeremy and MIKE are coming from down south east.

It will be fun. And since you have been getting some practice with AutoX ... I will create a meet to come and battle you on the AutoX course as well.

-Ray-

#18 ·
Ok I'm down and my baby will be ready by then I have the focus in the shop right now it's getting an upgraded clutch kit stage 2 and flywheel. It's about time I got it fixed It will be ready by Tuesday and can't wait to see how it rides. And by the way my phone is disconnected so if any one needs to reach me call me at 832-321-5224

#21 ·
Agree. But like others have told me. It doesn't get nearly as crowded as Baytown ... **KNOCK ON WOOD**

Would be our luck.

Like I said before Tom, if we get an AutoX meet together ... you actually are guaranteed your 4 runs. But you do have to work 4 as well. But that's later.

-Ray-

#23 ·
Empty Parking lots ... parks at night. Set up your own cones and drive Figure 8s and make your own slalom.

-Ray-

#24 ·
hmm time to 'borrow' some traffic cones from a construction site...

(I kid i kid)

I may just do that cause 1) it sounds fun... and 2) it sounds fun.

#25 ·
well its not me practicing autox its my brother actually (you should see what he drives now although he still has the eclipse) but I've learned a few tricks and I've gotten a lot of tips, but yeah I'll be there with the fofo of course and it will be you, Paul, me and my bro cause he is taking the eclipse and he wants to race it lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.