Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Special Galveston Meet For 2 Birthday Boys

7K views 124 replies 11 participants last post by  tukaniSVT 
#1 · (Edited)
On June 12, 2010 we are celebrating a couple birthdays that weekend.
We are gonna be in galveston on the sea wall, at a nearby bar/grill. Planning on meeting up in houston somewhere on 610 near the galleria at Noon. Zab and David are gonna celebrate their b-days and anyone else who has a birthday that week we will celebrate that weekend.................

Time: 12.00 Noon
Meeting Place: 8:00 ill be at Sams Club on i10/hwy6. Then we drive down to Baybrook Mall on 45 south to meet up the others by 8:30-9:00 am.
Destination: Galveston Sea Wall
Eating Destination: Chillis

#83 ·
I am game for that idea ... if no one else objects to the drive ...

If there is some concern about the drive ... then we will do that hour to hour & 30 to Galveston.

-Ray-

#84 ·
Honestly ... we would probably have less traffic issue with the drive to Madagorda since 45 has tons of construction right now.

-Ray-

#86 ·
Good news folks I don't work that weekend!! Time for some fun in the sun!! If we bring a BBQ grill then we should pre-make the burgers and bring some hotdogs (simple easy to make stuff). But I'm down for whatever. I don't know if my wife and the kiddio's will come. They will want to go swimming and get all sandy and stuff not too good for the inside of my fofo. Of course this is if I get it up and running again.

#91 ·
I vote for the grilling thing, I was going to bring a cooler with stuff and can pick up BBQ stuff instead of samiches. Just let me know if and who will bring it, my grill is huge.

#93 ·
It's already been in the fofo, but it was taken apart and still almost didn't fit. On top of that it's gas so harder to do especialy since I'll be bringing other people and stuff for those people so space is at a premium as it is.

Posted via FF Mobile

#96 ·
Just saw that ^_^ yup, lulz

Posted via FF Mobile

#95 ·
Ok a few things, grill, anyone bringing one? Was thinking of buying a mini grill or something cause I like the BBQ idea.
Meeting place and time? Trying to cordinate two boards so info is good.
Actual destination, is there a particular beach to go to and what are rules such as food grill booze and whatnot. I have a GPS and would like to know where we are going to.
And walkies? Anyone bringing any?
Posted via FF Mobile

#97 ·
well meeting place would be somewhere arround 288 and the beltway, now the time... 9:30? 9??

what about this gas station? it is about the only thing I can find near the area
2620 McHard Road
Pearland, TX 77584-4028

#98 ·
I thought we were meeting early ... 9 930 isn't early.

I would say 8ish the latest ... hey man I am an early riser and the early we start the drive for fun the more time we have to eat (or cook) and hang.

If we are grilling, I would be game to bring a few things.

-Ray-

#101 ·
I like the meet up at 8:30 range and roll out at 9:00. Sound doable? Cause any later than that and we would be getting in around noon and not sure if we could find group parking. [8D] Any earlier than that and waking up becomes an issue, any later and well, not as much fun time.

That meet spot at the gas station sounds like a good place, peeps that need to gas and food up for the trip can do it there right before we leave. That and it's on 288 so we don't have to travel far to get to the right road.

#102 ·
^^ Agree on the time.

My car is going into the shop on Monday ... so hopefully they will finish it by Friday ... they should. Because I am going to complain like no joke.

-Ray-

#103 ·
Ok everyone else is complaining about the drive, can we do it closer? Cause 2 hours is a bit much.
Posted via FF Mobile

#105 ·
Wait, whose complaining about the drive?? [slap]

thats cool with me, I don't have a problem waking up lol

what are we grilling then? burgers and hotdogs?
I thought we threw out the grill idea and set for Chilis???

... okay ... who is organizing this?? [???:)]Because the info is starting to get a bit jumbled in here. [idea]

-Ray-

#107 ·
Well the complaining is from the other site that I use, that and it's a little bit of a drive when we have closer here.

So what do you all think? Cause I know at least 6 people won't show if it's 2 hours out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.