Well I'm super bored right now so I figured why not? lol
The day I brought her home

After about 2 weeks I got Ebay projectors and a grill with clear corners

my conveniently color matched subs finally went in

Some niteshade and yellow fogs

windows tinted 20% and got a flat

chopped down my antenna

removed my rear wiper

then i finally got low and slow. installed my eibach sportlines and pro dampers, had to cut out the LCA's and replace them

then i blew up one of my subs, i have since cleaned up the wiring mess lol

installing my rear camber bolts

desided to ditch the projectors for SVT black housings

SVT spoiler painted and installed

cut out the "lunchbox"

SVT door handles and body trim color matched

picked up CSVT wheels from a friend who had them in storage

plastidipped (until i can afford to get the rash on one fixed, and get them all powdercoated)

Massive "Massacre" stress bar installed

As she is sitting as of now

and what's next

got the header and oil dipstick tube for a total of $20 at a junkyard, and picked the flex up for $15 off of wiscoGTI. just need a cat, or ORP, still haven't decided

Hopefully much more to come once the money starts coming in lol

See less See more
#99 ·
So you have another subscriber to this thread! This is giving me some awesome ideas. I already had the SVT header on the list, but now I'm considering moving the FSwerks exhaust up there too. Also the SVT spoiler is looking sweet. Lastly, I wish I could have found a ZX3 in your color, but once I get everything colormatched I think I'll like my silver more.

#110 ·
Time for an update. A long one lol. So I went to install the FSWerks exhaust and as I was cutting the old one the flex pipe decided to crack right at the weld before the mesh section, so I had to put the exhaust on hold until I got a new flex pipe. Which I just bought this week. I had a lot of maintenance issues get in the way of buying the flex pipe right away. I bought new brake pads and rotors and while I was changing the brakes I came across a destroyed front passenger wheel bearing. So I changed that out and did the brakes. Next morning after warming my car up I came outside to a puddle of coolant on the ground. Thermostat was stuck open, so I had to do that as well. That all happened a month ago. While doing the thermostat I noticed some oil around the valve cover so I changed that gasket. I also purchased new sway bar end links and strut bearings that I still need to install. So hopefully I'll be doing a lot of wrenching this Sunday and can get it all done, or at least the exhaust because it's killing me having that sit around but not on the car lol.

Here's a few recent pics.

Decided to buff/polish/ and wax it

And a new decal lol

Sadly I also had to sell my SVT header, flex, and dipstick tube to get some extra money for all this maintenance crap.

#114 ·
Loving the car man! My old valve cover gasket leaked oil onto the header at stops and stank up the inside. But awesome progress and great checklist. I really wish I would have found a blue Focus down here but I'm down with just about any color hatchback

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

#115 ·
Loving the car man! My old valve cover gasket leaked oil onto the header at stops and stank up the inside. But awesome progress and great checklist. I really wish I would have found a blue Focus down here but I'm down with just about any color hatchback

Sent from my SCH-I605 using FF Mobile
thanks man!

I got the end links done. suspension feels a lot tighter now. still need to do the strut bearing.

Shooting to have the exhaust on by the 21st for a HUGE meet here in PA.

And within the next couple days I should be buying a Massive "massacre edition" rear strut brace. And SVT mirrors and will have the caps color matched. I really want to find a pre facelift upper euro grill to go with the lower grill, but it's near impossible.

#118 ·
Yeah the one that matches the lower. I had one but it was warped. And the sport lines are stiff as all hell lol. Feel every bump, I have the eibach pro dampers too

Sent from my DROID using FF mobile

#117 ·
Theres a couple meets that weekend. I got one on sat the 20 and i think theres like 5 or 6 that weekend also lol

#119 ·
SVT mirrors ordered from Rockauto thursday night and got them on saturday. getting the caps painted this week. ordered the massive "massacre" rear strut brace tonight. and the exhaust is FINALLY going on this Saturday

#121 ·
Bout time for that exhaust [poke]
tell me about it. it's been killing me just sitting around. but when I went to cut my stock exhaust off, the factory flex pipe broke in half because it was so rusty. So I've been driving around with an exhaust leak for weeks lol. and since my buddy with a lift is too busy with his car im just paying a local shop to do the whole exhaust from the flex back. only 100 bucks so F it hah

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.