Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Houston KICK START 2014 Meet

7K views 117 replies 17 participants last post by  snake eyes 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey there FOCUS-ENTHUSED-HOUSTONIANS!!! [wave]

It's been a long while since we have planned out a meet.
SO ... Here we go. Let's jump start the meets in Houston again. [clap]

INFO:
Meet Date: JANUARY 12 2014
Meet Time: Start between 11AM-Noon ... go from there
Meet Location: Track21
Meet Address: 4815 Hwy 6, Houston, TX 77084
Meet Eatery: Steak and Shake
Eatery Address: 12611 Farm to Market 1960
Houston, TX 77065

**NOTE** the cruise to that particular Steak and Shake isn't a great one. Because of HWY 6. So, we are going to try taking the Eldridge drive up there. Less traffic and less lights. A tad smoother of a road too. :)
If you get lost ... save the address above.

If you have a helmet ... bring it. If not, note that there is a 2 dollar head sock charge. Track21 will open at 11am on Sunday. So, we should be the first and only people there for a moment. Unless they are having a party. I will call them and put us down as coming out.
I believe we need 6 attendees to get the group discount. So, please ... bring friends. :)

I look forward to getting the Houston crowd back together again.

Have a Happy Holidays and See you all Next Year. [;)]

Ray

See less See more
#99 ·
that would be awesome... i would more than likely be down..

#101 ·
Is there a group discount? I know theres like a $600 fee, but is that to rent the track or daily pass kind of thing or what?

#102 ·
I believe the 600 is for your car on the course and for a moment of time on there

When I went, it was with a group through GroupOn at 75 a person for a few laps.

Ray

#105 ·
Not much different from pushing it at AutoX ... I don't believe the tires and brakes would be as bad as you think.

Ray

#107 ·
Not much different from pushing it at AutoX ... I don't believe the tires and brakes would be as bad as you think.

Ray
I agree, I got in a game of tag with a bike coming off of US59 headed south of Downtown H down I-45. He did get ahead of me through traffic. But not by much. I stayed with him even in moderate traffic! [giggle]

My whole point is I have a heavy foot, and I have never experienced brake fad even under the heavy driving I do. As far as I know the brakes on the front are stock, as I suspect are rear. [poke]

Just say'in! [:)]

#108 ·
Your also a 05+ owner which have the bigger front brakes than the previous model, y'all don't even know what its like to have puny 01' front brakes and needing to stop more than once or from triple digit speeds lol. I have had smoke bellowing out from the wheels before that's how hot they got lol. The SVT brakes have a ton of reserved braking in them compared to my old brakes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.