Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Do you find the 2012 Titanium cloth seats comfortable?

3K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  vapour 
#1 ·
I picked up an end of the year closeout on a 2012 Titanium with cloth seats. After a few days of driving I have to say the sets are just not comfortable. I find the seat is a bit narrow and the side bolster pushes against my leg. They are also on the firm side. Do you they break in? What has been your experience?

#2 ·
I'm not exactly a twig but I find the seats very comfortable. They do hug you closely. Albeit I have an SEL, but the SE sport, SEL and Ti all use the exact same seat frame and seat pads. The difference is in the color and texture of the cloth between series.

I've done 6+ hrs in the car straight without discomfort.

Not saying that its a universal case to say that they are comfortable, but for me I like them.

They hug me better than my crazy ex who ran off and married an older guy who had no future and no prospects as soon as we broke up.

#9 ·
I just did a 9 hour drive for the long weekend. After a few hours I started to find the seats a bit on the hard side, and after 7 hours I was getting a bit sore, but I think even 7 hours in a plush La-Z-Boy would give you some discomfort.

On the plus side I hit 42 MPG! Got 760 KM out of my tank before I wussed out. The DTE still said 130 K to empty so I probably could've got closer to 900.

#13 ·
the cloth seats in my S, are the most uncomfortable seats ive ever sat in. Ford missed the mark on them completely. no bolster adjustment...... that alone would change how they feel.

but these base model seats suck HORRIBLY!!!

#14 ·
Im willing to bet the S model doesnt share the same cloth seats with any of the higher trims. go on a drive for 1hr+ anywhere and youd rather walk. lol I hit 20100 in my car and let me tell you... they dont break in for crap!

#15 ·
The S seats are supposed to be the same as the base SE without the sport package, unless they made a separate version just for the S, but the ones in the SE rental I had back in November 2011 didn't seem that uncomfortable and I'd done about 180-200+ miles in one day even though I only drove it a few hours at a time.

#17 ·
My base SE seats do the job. They're just not super supportive. My mom's Fusion SE (base as well) have better seats. They're not the end of the world, though. Just gotta slouch or something sometimes.

#18 ·
well im only 140# and they suck haha. my fiances 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee's leather seats ROCK!

#23 ·
I've got a 2012 Titantium with heated seats.

The seats are mostly pretty good. Sometimes, though, it feels like there's a piece of metal or something poking me. It's almost like there's metal or something underneath the seat cushion that I'm feeling (perhaps its related to the heated seats?).

But I'm 6'0" and 140 pounds, so I don't have a lot of natural padding. [wiggle]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.