Focus Fanatics Forum banner

My build thread(euro content lol)

47K views 411 replies 49 participants last post by  katiekay 
#1 ·
Most of you know what my car looked like before I started acquiring euro parts. For those that don't, it was a little on the Fast & Furious side:

I have since sold the wheels and the front bumper to help fund what I got going on now.

Current Performance Modifications
-Injen SRI
-Magnaflow exhaust

Current Suspension Modifications
-KYB-AGX adjustable Dampers
-Megan Racing 2" lowering springs
-Massive Endlinks
-Steeda Strut Tower Brace
-Focus Sport Rear stress bar

Current Interior Modifications
-Pioneer High-def HU
-6x8 Alpines all-around
-Alpine 4-channel amp
-Alpine 500w mono amp
-Rockford Fosgate 8" sub
-Kuda phone mount
-Color-matched vent rings
-SVT HVAC controls
-SVT sub enclosure
-Aluminum HVAC knobs

Current Exterior Modifications
-98 Euro front bumper
-98 Euro lower grille
-Euro facelift upper grille
-Euro clear sidemarkers
-Euro RS collection rear bumper cover
-Euro taillights
-Smoked euro bumper lights
-SVT sideskirts
-SVT spoiler
-SVT doorhandles
-3000k yellow foglights
-Yellow Laminx fog covers
-Ford edge rear wiper
-Spec-D tuning projector headlights with daytime led driving lights
-Color-matched mirror caps
-Debadged
-Custom silver 3rd brake light with black "Loading..." decal
-DiY shorty antenna
-30% tint
-AVS ventshades
-"Superbright LED's" license plate bulbs

Engine Dress-up
-Steeda spark plug cover
-Steeda Billet oil cap
-SVT Degas cover

Parts on order:
Mach HID's, ST170's(I want to try them both out to see which ones I'll keep lol), SVT header conversion, ORP, Starfury's full interior conversion in blue, Reiger front lip, Euro glass fogs, smoked lamin-x for the tails, clear lamin-x for the headlights/fogs.

Parts that I have but not installed yet:
Di-noc CF wrapped radio bezel, real CF guage cluster surround(for these I am waiting till I get my interior conversion to do it all in one shot), SVT mirrors.

Parts that I still need to order:
FSWERKS stealth exhaust, tune(not sure on who to go with yet)Wheels, haven't decided on either Tarmac's or ASA-AR1's, opinions on those please.

Once I get the Reiger lip installed, I am going to re-paint the entire car(same color) it needs it after 10 years.

I love how my car is coming together now! What do you all think?

See less See more
#204 ·
This.

I am just glad that I got a chance to buy these before it was too late. I have always loved these wheels! 20 min after Ken posted the ad, I saw them. At that moment, I knew I had to have them.

#210 ·
Thanks man! They are SVT mirrors

Yay!!!! installed:)

Decided to do a quick update, if you have seen my FF2013 build, pay no attention to this one. The other one will be updated more frequently, this thread will be for everyone else who is not following what is happening in the FF2013 forum.

Kona rack installed! AVS sunroof deflector removed!

I found another great set of wheels today! Bought them off a friend of mine!

I put snow tires on them today! I look at it like this: I gotta have traction in the snow & it's not like I am going to "beat" them up anymore than the rest of the car in the snow. Plus they are OEM and OEM wheels usually hold up better to harsh conditions. The ATS type 10's will be my summer wheels!

I got some Lamin-x today to protect the ST170's

Before anyone starts to discuss why I am using ST200's as winter wheels, read above^ and here is what I posted on Facebook about it as well:

"They wont be anymore ruined by salt than the rest of my car. No point in saying your winter wheels are beater because that would make the rest of your car a beater, cause you still gotta drive it!"

"Only reason I am doing winters and summers is because OEM wheels can stand up to harsher environments"

"My car is too Euro to not use Euro wheels year round"

#214 ·
Thanks!

More i see ur ride the more i want to go euro.
Do it!!!

Euro is the way to gooo. lol Looks so good brian. Do your tails have a light coat of nightshade on them? It may just be the way the pics were taken but they look a bit darker than usual to me...lol I may be crazy. :p
Thanks!
No, the tails are covered by one of the lighter shades of Lamin-x smoke.

#213 ·
Euro is the way to gooo. lol Looks so good brian. Do your tails have a light coat of nightshade on them? It may just be the way the pics were taken but they look a bit darker than usual to me...lol I may be crazy. :p

#219 ·
Best way to get parts is to be patient and keep an eye on the BST here and on other forums. All the parts on my car have been purchased and shipped from the US, except for a few small things.

#222 ·
Quick question..could you get a shot of the rear with the bumper lights on? I still have yet to see them lit on someone's car

#230 ·
Yes, the paint will be professionally done!

So, I have been doing things again lol I will clean my interior soon!

SVT seats and doorcards:

I re-located my fire extinguisher to the hatch:

SVT snorkel:

I still got a long way to go!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.