Focus Fanatics Forum banner

My build thread(euro content lol)

47K views 411 replies 49 participants last post by  katiekay 
#1 ·
Most of you know what my car looked like before I started acquiring euro parts. For those that don't, it was a little on the Fast & Furious side:

I have since sold the wheels and the front bumper to help fund what I got going on now.

Current Performance Modifications
-Injen SRI
-Magnaflow exhaust

Current Suspension Modifications
-KYB-AGX adjustable Dampers
-Megan Racing 2" lowering springs
-Massive Endlinks
-Steeda Strut Tower Brace
-Focus Sport Rear stress bar

Current Interior Modifications
-Pioneer High-def HU
-6x8 Alpines all-around
-Alpine 4-channel amp
-Alpine 500w mono amp
-Rockford Fosgate 8" sub
-Kuda phone mount
-Color-matched vent rings
-SVT HVAC controls
-SVT sub enclosure
-Aluminum HVAC knobs

Current Exterior Modifications
-98 Euro front bumper
-98 Euro lower grille
-Euro facelift upper grille
-Euro clear sidemarkers
-Euro RS collection rear bumper cover
-Euro taillights
-Smoked euro bumper lights
-SVT sideskirts
-SVT spoiler
-SVT doorhandles
-3000k yellow foglights
-Yellow Laminx fog covers
-Ford edge rear wiper
-Spec-D tuning projector headlights with daytime led driving lights
-Color-matched mirror caps
-Debadged
-Custom silver 3rd brake light with black "Loading..." decal
-DiY shorty antenna
-30% tint
-AVS ventshades
-"Superbright LED's" license plate bulbs

Engine Dress-up
-Steeda spark plug cover
-Steeda Billet oil cap
-SVT Degas cover

Parts on order:
Mach HID's, ST170's(I want to try them both out to see which ones I'll keep lol), SVT header conversion, ORP, Starfury's full interior conversion in blue, Reiger front lip, Euro glass fogs, smoked lamin-x for the tails, clear lamin-x for the headlights/fogs.

Parts that I have but not installed yet:
Di-noc CF wrapped radio bezel, real CF guage cluster surround(for these I am waiting till I get my interior conversion to do it all in one shot), SVT mirrors.

Parts that I still need to order:
FSWERKS stealth exhaust, tune(not sure on who to go with yet)Wheels, haven't decided on either Tarmac's or ASA-AR1's, opinions on those please.

Once I get the Reiger lip installed, I am going to re-paint the entire car(same color) it needs it after 10 years.

I love how my car is coming together now! What do you all think?

See less See more
#392 ·
Got it!

I have replaced the headlights yet again, haha! I still have the Hella Dynabeams, but for now I got Mach HID's installed:

I also cleaned up my hatch a little bit with a blue fire extinguisher from 2.0L:

Ok, so here is the real reason why I took off the dynabeams:

In the above pic, you can see that one of the trim rings fell off. It happened on the way to FocusFest :( So, here is what I got going on with those:

Since I had the apart, I decided to customize them a bit more :) Since all the other lights(except fogs) are black, I decided to blackout the Dynabeams. I am painting them with duplicolor perfect match, why you ask when it is just black? Well I like the Honda black that has a little metal flake in it lol

I am also color-matching the trim rings:

I even left off the Hella logo off the trim ring so it can look like one sparkly jewel when I put the lights back together:

Here is kinda what it looks like, now this is in a dark room, I have already looked at it in the sunlight and they look great!

So, why are these not back together yet? Well, I am adding one more color :)

That is the high-beam housing. I ordered yellow stained-glass paint so the highbeams can be yellow[grinking]

#399 ·
What would that be? I need to open up my Machs but I have not been told what can and can't go in the oven. I have searched too and came up with nothing.

#400 ·
Now I get what you are saying. I didn't take off anything when they went into the oven. There is wiring and stuff that you cannot get to unless the lights are apart, so what's the point in trying to take them apart before you take them apart.

#401 ·
Many many changes happened over the past 6 months lol :)

I took the Tarmacs and Kona rack off and eventually sold those things, the wheels weighed 30lbs each and combined with the rack, it ruined the gas mileage.

Then I ended up selling my custom Dynabeams to cdbertrand and I traded my 1998 Euro front for a facelift front

! had also plastidipped the side moldings to match with the facelift front.

Well, I didn't like that bumper as much as I thought I would, so I ended up selling it and I wanted to part out the car (various reasons why). I needed the money for other things and the car had some mechanical issues. So I started to part it out. I sold the SVT spoiler, SVT mirrors, SVT sideskirts and a few other things as well. But I couldn't see it go, so I stopped parting it out and fixed what was wrong with it and started driving it again. I didn't have a Euro front anymore but I still had the OEM bumper, although I had cut into it to give a piece to somebody else for another project. I also added OEM rocker panels and an RS replica spoiler. I also had a mirror for the drivers side that was missing a good chunk out of it, but it was all I had for the moment.

I didn't like the way the bumper sat, so I pulled it off. I was also thinking about how I was going to bring this car back. I wanted it to be a reflection of me. I had already done everything else to it, I had already done all the OEM+ mods you could think of, but the car was too clean, nothing was ever personalized to me.

So here is where it gets fun! :)

First new mods to come in were a new euro plate and some awesome Sparco wheels in pink!

Then came the Volant intake to replace the Injen intake :)

Then I got my MK3 Focus emblem and immediately painted it pink!

I found a great deal on another set of SVT mirrors, so I played with different plastidips on them :)

Then my valve cover paint came in!

Then I got my Rieger front, splitter and sideskirts :D

I installed it for fitment and realized that I need to cut away some more of the crash bar to get it to fit properly.

I need to get more cut-off wheels for my grinder, so I'll cut the crashbar when I paint the bumper. For now, I primered everything and played more with the plastidip :)

Some random pics :)

Now I am waiting for paint to come in. I will remove all the plastidip and paint the pink parts right. I have a shop that is mixing me up a pint to match my wheels.

Things left to do:
fix crashbar, properly fit bumper. Paint everything :)

Should be done within the month! :D

#405 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.