Focus Fanatics Forum banner

new tune on my WRX (326whp/337wtq on 16psi)

2K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  besthaticouldo 
#1 ·
turned the boost down for longevity. car is a monster though.

here are power mods
AEM Cold Air
Catless Downpipe
Invidia Q300 Catback
TurboXS Bypass Valve
Tial 38mm MV-S External Wastegate
Grimmspeed EWG Up-Pipe
COBB 3 Port EBCS
DW65C Fuel Pump
RacerX Front Mount

Dyno Sheet

picture of the car

heres a quick pull video (hard to tell the wastegate opening, i'll have more soon)

car is also getting a refresher soon (scoopless hood, 2010 STi front, carbon bits, some special stuff)

just so excited about the numbers. for reference, my last dyno tune was 302whp/336wtq on 21.4psi, and it drove like garbage. Tim Bailey at COBB socal did a great job with the new tune, car is a monster. spool is immediate.

See less See more
1 2
#8 ·
thanks, i love this car now.

My brain stopped working at 21.4 psi. Damn. Thats a lot of bewst.
haha, yea. after a built motor and bigger turbo i'll be pushing more and wayyyyyy more power.

this right here is why its much better hahaha
well yes, but my first tune was by some idiot at COBB in socal that they have since fired, he basically just threw it on the dyno, upped the boost and said done.

niceeeeeeeeeeee
yeahhhhhhhhhhhh lolol

#6 ·
Don't think any MS3 will be catching from a roll which seems to be the method of racing for the traction limited crowd.
I just have the Acessport and a stage 1 reflash on my STI but thinking of a proper tune after I get a downpipe installed and hopefully get my numbers closer to 300whp.

#11 ·
jerk

You'd be surprised. For a while I had the "privilege" of driving an Evo running 30PSI. If I was ever curious to know what Hell sounded like...or DROVE like...that sated my curiosity.
hahaha, yep. my buddy has an E85 STi on 26psi. 444wtq, pulls like a raped ape.

#18 ·
Yeah, I'm thinking that's where I'm going. I want an AWD, but I'm still back and forth with the Focus.

You got sedan or hatchback?

I was thinking white sedan and powdercoat the BBS's the STI get with lime green. Throw some green underbody glow so I can feel 16 again, maybe black massive stripe down middle that wraps the back wing.

I also thought about pink too as a remembrance of all the fighting my little sister did to live 26 years (she's still alive, FYI).

I'm sure white STI with pink wheels and a fat hairy German driving it would raise considerable eyebrows. I was going to put along the side/trunk/something "Bald, Chubby, and Awesome". It's a shirt she owns that she wears around to bring humor into everything she went through.

Plus, she secretly LOVES the WRX and STI, but will never own/drive one by herself. :(

#19 ·
i have a sedan...i so hope the last half of that is all a joke lol [facepalm]

#21 ·
No, my sister did survive cancer.

If it made her smile I would do it.

Luckily she would kick my ass for it.
thank god. hahaha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.