Focus Fanatics Forum banner

cold air intake help

10K views 45 replies 25 participants last post by  drwiggapeterson 
#1 ·
Cold Air Intake(s) - Help me make up my mind.

So... I'm ready to pull the trigger on ordering this: http://www.amazon.com/69-3517TS-Performance-Intake-Kit/dp/B00861C6LQ/ref=reg_hu-rd_add_1_dp

However, I'm always open to suggestions, feedback, voices of reason, and better prices... this will be my first mod on my Focus, hoping to get the ball rolling on more this upcoming summer.

I realize there have been lots of discussions on CAI's, but I really don't have the time to find them all. I've been on this website reading thread after thread about CAI's and Exhausts for 3+ hours this early morning already...

Anyways, I would appreciate anything that you all have to chip in with. Assuming it's productive. Thanks!

#30 ·
How many hp does a steeda cai give you???

Oh and im just wondering, i used to have the k&n drop in, and i just got the cai installed, but the filter seems to be smaller, im wondering if i replace the filter that came with the kit with the drop in, would it give better performance???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

#34 ·
I would say it wouldnt. Only because FMC would have to prove your mod was the cause of the issue. Though it prolly will void any warranty involving the air induction system (ie: airbox, associated sensors, ect.)

any one would like to correct me if im incorrect?

#37 ·
Cold air intake

Just a quick question. I'll probably be in the market for a CAI here shortly again because my friend is paying me 100$ for my current weapon r. What brand would you recommend I know my weapon r tends to throw the p0171 code a lot. I'm just asking for everyone's preference on CAI I'm leaning towards the steeda because it's in a box of it's own and everyone says that it is pretty loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#39 ·
Steeda or FS Werks seem to be the most popular that I see. I have the FS Werks its affordable, nice, a little loud for me but definitely helps with overall performance(low rpm bog reduces, more pull in the higher rpm range in 1st and 2nd a little in 3rd)

#42 ·
None of the intakes require a tune. My favorite intake is the steeda because of the aluminum MAF housing. K&n seems to have the best design to get the coldest air, especially with snorkel and flap delete.

But for the future, please search before you post

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.