Focus Fanatics Forum banner

black out grill and emblem

48K views 145 replies 50 participants last post by  thejordan 
#1 ·
so I have a vinyl plotter for sticker making and thought i'd see how easily i could make strips to cover the chrome and emblem. Took all of 2 minutes to cut and install. I left a ring of chrome on the emblem for two reasons, 1 vinyl doesn't conform well to rounded surfaces so as it gets more to the edge it's going to wrinkle, and 2, it still looks OK because i have the chrome rings on the fog lights.

The gloss-black vinyl blends right in w/ the paint, looks like it's supposed to be that way.

See less See more
#114 ·
I like that one too, very very nice...Would like to have one of those [:)] for the front

#121 ·
hey Rhi~ I haven't found a better image that will translate to vinyl that I'm happy with if you want crossbones too. If you look around and find something shoot the image to me via PM or email. I can do what i already sent you if one of those will work, otherwise i gotta keep looking for the best image.

#124 ·
Can you do a Blue Carbon Fiber one with White Ford Script?

#133 ·
...vinyl doesn't conform well to rounded surfaces so as it gets more to the edge it's going to wrinkle...
Have you tried using a heat gun? That should help with the edges. You gotta be careful with it, though, or you'll melt the vinyl.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.