Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Where to store sunglasses

8K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  HoneyBadger 
#1 ·
Hi Guys.
Just got my new 2013 Focus SE Hatch. Moved from a F-150 to save some ga$.
I like the car just fine but am struggling with the lack of storage. Mostly I cant find a good place for my sunglasses. My F-150 had a nice recess on the top of the dash that was great for sunglasses. Just wondering what you guys are doing or if there are any aftermarket accessories that fit the interior to gain more storage space.
Thanks,
Dom

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I have my phone charger and umbrella in the door pocket. I cant put the glasses in the arm rest compartment because I have my Ipod in there (not room for much of anything under there). I am not sure what visor clip is but it sounds promising.
Dom

#5 ·
Does the SE not have a console on the roof. The ST has a place for glasses Just push on a door that comes down to store glasses

#7 ·
#10 ·
My sunglasses are more of a wraparound design and won't fit in the sunglass holder in the overhead console. I tried putting them above the visor like I do in my other vehicles, but they end up falling down on me. The best place I've found is to just hook them over the shifter.

#11 ·
I've got a pair in the sunglass holder in the overhead console. I also have a the pair I wear most often in the center console, and another pair in the glovebox. I can say that the pair in the sunglass holder seems to have gotten hot and has affected the tint. Mainly, it's bubbled the tint on my Oakely Monster Dogs, and of course they're out of warranty.

#14 ·
I keep my Oakley's cased and in the center console. I haven't had any problem with them getting too hot there. I'll bet it does get pretty warm in the overhead console with the sun beating down on the roof.

#15 ·
#16 ·
I tried a visor clip, but the sunglasses hung down too low. Finally, I came up with this:

A couple of rubber self-adhesive pads from the hardware store on the top of the visor.

The glasses fold over the visor where you may normally try and store them, but the pads against the arms keep them from sliding off.

The visor is in normal position against the headliner and the glasses aren't going anywhere until I pull the visor down.

Works great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.