Focus Fanatics Forum banner

ST Base Model Seats?

32K views 42 replies 21 participants last post by  GhiaFan 
#1 ·
Does anybody have a picture of the ST base model seats? Are they the same seats offered in a regular Focus like the SEL?

#5 ·
Only reason I ask is because although the Recaro's "look" awesome to me in the pictures... once I sat in them, I knew I couldn't live with them for a daily driver. The bolstering is so aggresive, I felt very uncomforatble in them.

Those seats don't look terrible, I'd be happy with that. However, it sucks you're basically stuck with NO options at that point. Only other option would be to get the ST2 or ST3 package, and swap seats + cash with somebody that wants them.

#6 ·
The ST2+ seats are so aggressively bolstered, they literally jab into the middle of my shoulders! The seats in my SE Sport are close to perfect for me, so I'd have to go the same route as you with a seat swap since they don't allow any real choice in options.

It's bad that I'm going to consider other cars simply because I can't have base seats, navi, and HIDs without Frankensteining options..

#29 ·
The ST2 seats will soon end up in my mk1... I love those seats!
I hate the ST2 seats; they just reek teeny bopper with the colored side bolstering to match the exterior... the ST3's 8-way powered all leather is so much more sophisticated. The only way I could see somebody buying the ST2 seats is if you're 17 or middle age and going trough a mid-life crisis. The ST1 may not be in your face but they are Recaro and 100% more comfortable.
32 years old, soooo; not middle aged and no mid-life (that's what Vettes are for). Perhaps you could only see yourself driving those seats for the aforementioned reasons...

I drove in all three of those seats, and the most uncomfortable of the three was your vaulted ST3 leather! They'll be years before they break in and allow the driver's position to feel settled; just like the old rental car type seats: it feels like you're on top of the seat, and not in it.
And an argument could be made that if sophistication is what your shopping for you've been led astray; the general population in this country aren't gonna think any Focus has sophistication (with the exception of this lot)! I've been painting and color matching everything I thought would look good since I got mine in '03 which is why the ST2's appeal to me; but I'd take an LMFAO-themed animal print seat in a heartbeat over a sophisticated-looking one that didn't cradle me properly!

I can already see the symbiotic-swaps happening for these warlocks: if the elder-boppers hate the colory ones and the boy racers want the accented seats...

#10 ·
Drove an ST1 yesterday. The cloth seats fit me exactly like my Ti leathers do. I just wish they didn't look so bland. All that black fabric is so plain. It needs a pattern or some texture. Might be worth looking into aftermarket leather.

Liked the car otherwise, except for the lack of anything on the overhead console. Not even a sunglass holder....bah.

#14 ·
I hate the ST2 seats; they just reek teeny bopper with the colored side bolstering to match the exterior... the ST3's 8-way powered all leather is so much more sophisticated. The only way I could see somebody buying the ST2 seats is if you're 17 or middle age and going trough a mid-life crisis. The ST1 may not be in your face but they are Racaro and 100% more comfortable.

#17 ·
Hopefully your dealer wasn't your only source of info, because you're a little misinformed.

The ST2 partial-leather recaros are available in a grey color, not all that different in color from the regular non-Recaro seats in the ST1.

Again, the seats in the ST1 are not Recaros.

#24 ·
Zillon was mearly stating you can get an ST2 with colors OR in Gray... It's up to you how wild you want to get

Edit: someone else edited their post LOL

#25 ·
I guess I woulda fit in the ST2 seats 16 years ago when I weighed 150 lbs, or 10 years ago when I weighed 175. But not now! Getting old is hell.

I did see a guy that's heavier than me driving around in a Tangerine Scream ST2 a couple weeks ago. I have no idea how he's doing it.

#26 ·
You're correct my apologies... the cloth are not Racaro seats (I read that they were on other websites). As for the rest I stand by my opinion... haha.

You would be correct in that I never gave much attention to the Focus SVT... I was too much in love with my 03' Saab 9-3 Vector.

[/IMG]

#28 ·
I actually really like the Sport seats quite a bit and fit my 5"10" 190lb frame. I've sat in the Recaros and they fit me great and around town would be nice but if I was in them for 5-9 hours would be a real test for those extended road trips.

#31 ·
The seats are exactly the same minus the leather for the SE sport seat/ST1 seat and the SEL/Ti in cloth or leather. Only the Recaro seats are different so they should swap right in, or you could just swap the seat covers.

#32 ·
I wouldn't mind helping an ST2 owner wanting to get rid of the yellow Recaros....jus' saying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.