Focus Fanatics Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

High Mileage SVT's?

8K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Hotniks 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone out there has a high mileage svt that is still running strong! I was also wondering if there are any problems to lookout for in a high mileage SVT's?

thanks

_Ben

#2 ·
I'm in the 53000 range now, and have no problems what so ever....While my car was in the low milage I managed to get my Clutch, 02 Sensors, and Windshield Wiper Relay replaced. (TSBs)

That is, I do my scheduled 3000mi Oil Change, Tire Rotation, Fluids Check...

as well as the 30K, and next 60K maintenance check.

In a few weeks, or next couple of months I will have a new engine though and start all over. [:)]

#3 ·
I can't believe people don't trust the 5k oil change interval.

66,000 and running stong (and fast).

#5 ·
133k is quite a lot for a car that's at most 4 years old, its double average mileage.

I have 48k on my 2004, which is above average around here. Even putting on miles like I go it should be.. summer of 2009 before I hit 100k.

Mine still runs like a top though, 5k oil changes, recent fuel filter and thats really about it.

#6 ·
I think by mileage, he meant high mileage in general, not high miles for the year or whatever...like a 100k or something.

The highest I've ever seen one was at 90k for on 02 model...supposedly very well taken care of, but anyone will tell you anything to sell a car.

#11 ·
Hi, my nonsvt focus has 225k and only two unexpected things have happened, at 50k the wires pulled out of the alternater, which I fixed, and at 224k the thermostate housing cracked. I ran autocross for three summers, rolled at 60mph in snow and didn't break a window even, and drove a two hour 130mile each way commute since I bought the car used for $6,000 with 40k on it in 03. Foci are the toughest car I have found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.