Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Mazda wiper online?

2K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  superchop 
#1 ·
so i called my local mazda dealer trying to get the rear wiper. He asked for the VIN number and i told him i didnt have one, he said he needed it. i told him the part numbers i needed but he refused to look them up for me since i dont have a mazda... so i was wondering if there was anyplace i can just get it online? ive tried e-bay and havent found anything... any other help? i also searched and didnt find anything on here... thanks for the help

josh

#2 ·
Lazy jobsworth gits. What an ass. Ask to speak to the new car sales manager. Tell him that not only do you not have a mazda now, you won't ever in the future either unless he changes that parts monkey's attitude. I can't imagine trying to explain to my boss how I blew a sale on Burton bindings cuz the guy had a K2 board. Maybe you could try some junkyards? all the usual suspects online don't list the wiper arm...hmmmm. Good luck.

#3 ·
#6 ·
through where, if I might ask?

#8 ·
ordered it from the first link you gave me... the place at home that quoted me almost double was bergstroms collision shop (i hate those bastards anyway)

part numbers

BP4K-67-421 wiper arm
BP4M-67-330A Blade
BP4M-67-395A Cover

#15 ·
You might not need the cover. When I got mine the blade had a cover on it. I recall the cover being like $5. I brought the three parts numbers above to a mazda dealer and when they ran the first two part numbers that was everything I needed. Also remember reading on fj.com about the cover being included. Post up pics when all done.

#9 ·
it helps to know some things in the Mazda World [;)]

#11 ·
I have a few Mazda Boards i Frequent. Gotta find out things for my 6 [grinking]

#16 ·
yeah i didnt need the cover but i wasnt positive so for 5 bucks better safe then sorry i suppose.... i am probably doing this friday..... so ill post up pics then

#17 ·
Yes, it is a direct bolt-on. All you need to do is lift up on the nut cover at the base of the wiper arm, remove the nut, then remove the stock wiper arm. The wiper arm may come off by just pulling straight on it or it may need a little twisting action.

Install the new wiper stuffs in reverse order. Here's a picture of it on pharcyde253's ride.

Cheers!

#18 ·
^^remember what size the nut is??? i may have my buddy mike bring a wrench to class tomorrow and put mine on in the parking lot after class

#19 ·
13mm? I believe it's metric. When I installed mine it was a pain to get the old arm off. I think I pryed mine off slowly. When I finally got it off I noticed it was splined, which was making it real hard to remove. Also used PbBlaster in it to loosed it up. The mazda arm wasn't splined but I tightened it down. I'm gonna dremel out the mazda arm in the spring so it fits better. Good luck with the install.

#20 ·
The mazda arm wasn't splined but I tightened it down. I'm gonna dremel out the mazda arm in the spring so it fits better. Good luck with the install.
Lol, you know...i asked the parts guy at the mazda dealer where i got mine from about that. And he actually gave me a good explanation. He had said that the splined part on the motor was hardened steal and the wiper arm part was i guess a softer metal. So when you tighten it on the splines would dig in on the arm metal and kinda create it's own ridges. The reason for that was that if there was something pushing down on the wiper arm when it's on then the arm could give way and not burn out the motor by trying to keep forcing it up.

It made sense to me so i installed w/o a second thought and i have never had a problem with it.

#23 ·
Yeah, i noticed the same thing...mine isn't sitting as far down as the stock one but i didn't wanna tighten it too much and break something so i just left it alone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.