Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2 step launch control

5K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  FiFoci 
#1 ·
just askin is there a way to put 2 step on a automatic

#12 ·
i tried out the 2step launch contr. aka - rev limiters, and it messed with my driving. in a BAD way. when i shifted past the nuetral rev lim. it would cut off the gas and slow me down considerably b4 it would go again. plus it shakes the car quite a bit.

FYI - this is only when iam shifting high in the rpm band and also shifting hard too.

#15 ·
set it at 3500 and it sounds awesome with open header. and a couple flames.
thats exactly where i set it at, it did sound pretty cool if you floor it! lol nom nom nomnom

it would launch fine but when i shifted (at about 5500-6000) the rev limiter tried to take over and when i let out on the clutch the gas didnt come back on for a half a second or so. plenty enough to slow a 1/4 mile time quite a bit.

am i the only person this happend to?

does your 2 step rev. lim. not do this, fifoci?

#19 ·
the "2 step" works off the clutch tho. so if the position sensor isnt connected would it work at all? or does it work on the safety switch?

#20 ·
No the 2-step works off of the speedo if it goes over 3mph the 2-step wont work

#21 ·
mine doesnt. mine turns on when ever u touch the clutch. so if u set it at 4k and u go to hit second then it goes into "2 step" mode and u cant shift fast or it hits limiter at 4k

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.