Focus Fanatics Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Power Works Supercharger

12K views 62 replies 26 participants last post by  Chick 
#1 ·
Hey all. Im planning to go forced induction pretty soon so Im gathering ideas and possibilities to get the best for my money. Ive been thinking of going turbo whether with a custom kit or buying one. OK here's the thing my ZX3 is ATX. I was wondering around the focussport website and I saw their superchargers. Thing is the one that I like which of course was the powerworks SC says for 5 speed only. This may be a noobie question but here it goes anyway. Could it be installed on an ATX?

#52 ·
Okay, so this has now gone from Powerworks bashing to Tom bashing which is very disturbing. I only really had one question which was why we were being compared to his kit when there is no comparrison.
Questions were about Auto's and boosting. Tom had his facts and we have our facts.

PW Auto kit has Reduced torque output over the base kit and improved shift calibration to work with an ALL stock auto-magic Focus. All stock meaning nothing changed from the factory. (It has a very flat torque curve) It makes it a fun car to drive everyday.

If you have the money and plan to upgrade your transmission because you want to make Gonzo power with an Auto, the PW kit is probably NOT for you! However, if all you want is a performance boost without additional upgrades to your vehicle consider the PW auto kit.

In MY Honest Opinion!

#53 ·
Tom might come off a little abrasive sometimes but he knows what he is doing. He is the best chip tuner out there for FI. The PW kits are good but a little pricey. We sell them but Toms cars will blow everything out there in the weeds except for some of Fastrax cars. At the track who cares about carb #'s. Toms stuff is top of the line and very complete.

Performance is tested at the track. Get it out and Put up or shut up. Not what someone tells you it did on the dyno or what some tuner says is the best and his little cheerleaders listen and tell everyone is the best. Just go run the clock.

I am sure Tom will be more than happy to show you his tail lights and look quick or you won't see them they are fading in the distance.

#54 · (Edited)
Yel what if it were your business?

You are lucky enough to have a working relationship with Tom. But think if you didnt' (I doubt you'll be willing to put yourself in other vendors shoes but I'll try). Imagine every time you posted about your JRSC big boost, Tom came in and said buy my turbo kit. How would you feel? Is that proffessional courtesy? It's like Tom feels no other product has a place in this market. CARB IS IMPORTANT TO SOME. But you dont have to deal with it, so you dont care. Nevermind that the largest tuner base in the country is in California!

Finalley, your a homer.. a Tom Chronie. you are not objective so don't act like you are. I dont have my nose up his ass and never will.

Yes he is an awesome chip tuner, yes he makes the best turbo kit out there. Who cares? Does that give him the right to be a jerk to other vendors??? He obviously thinks so. And he's the type of guy who say "this is who I am and I'm not going to change".

Tom, yes he used the word "turbo" in his post, but did not ask about it. He asked about the powerworks kit on an ATX. Just because someone uses the word turbo in their post doesn't give you the right to trash another product. Of course you're just looking for an excuse to be rude to other vendors.

You're not rude to McNews because you guys are buddy buddy, but I would sure like to see what Ray would say if you treated him like other vendors.

Mab.. I know you dont want "tom" bashing either. You're a classy guy and just want intelligent conversation. I think that is very cool. But you dont understand, no amount of logic, good reasoning, or otherwise will make Tom change his stance. He will continue to bash your product if you continue to discuss it with him.

Tom I'm going to be a pain in your ass as long as your rude to other vendors. Get used to it. I was a pain in your ass when you were rude to Jackson Racing, I was when you were rude to FocusSport, now Powerworks, and I will continue to call you on your horrible business behavior until you stop. START TREATING OTHERS WITH RESPECT! Enjoy.

#55 · (Edited)
Yel900rr said:

Performance is tested at the track. Get it out and Put up or shut up. Not what someone tells you it did on the dyno or what some tuner says is the best and his little cheerleaders listen and tell everyone is the best. Just go run the clock.

I am sure Tom will be more than happy to show you his tail lights and look quick or you won't see them they are fading in the distance.
The only number's that I have ever heard come from Tom are when he is using like 110 oct gas, he will never post number's of what his kit will do on 93 oct.

#56 ·
belacyrf said:
Yel what if it were your business?

You are lucky enough to have a working relationship with Tom. But think if you didnt' (I doubt you'll be willing to put yourself in other vendors shoes but I'll try!
Lucky or maybe Ray is confident in his own skills and products

Finalley, your a homer.. a Tom Chronie. you are not objective so don't act like you are. I dont have my nose up his ass and never will.
Homer ? If you mean do have his products ..yes..am I friends with him ,yes. But I can recocngize your neverending critique everytime Tom says something. No you dont have your nose up His ass , just everyone elses.

Tom, yes he used the word "turbo" in his post, but did not ask about it. He asked about the powerworks kit on an ATX. Just because someone uses the word turbo in their post doesn't give you the right to trash another product. Of course you're just looking for an excuse to be rude to other vendors.
Well you got it half right

You're not rude to McNews because you guys are buddy buddy, but I would sure like to see what Ray would say if you treated him like other vendors.

Mab.. I know you dont want "tom" bashing either. You're a classy guy and just want intelligent conversation. I think that is very cool. But you dont understand, no amount of logic, good reasoning, or otherwise will make Tom change his stance. He will continue to bash your product if you continue to discuss it with him.
]Do you ever listen to yourself talk? Why is you paraphrase Tom as bashing and mab discussing

Tom I'm going to be a pain in your ass as long as your rude to other vendors. Get used to it. I was a pain in your ass when you were rude to Jackson Racing, I was when you were rude to FocusSport, now Powerworks, and I will continue to call you on your horrible business behavior until you stop. START TREATING OTHERS WITH RESPECT! Enjoy.
You are so wise,respectful and intellectual[/I

#57 ·
REDFOCZ said:
The only number's that I have ever heard come from Tom are when he is using like 110 oct gas, he will never post number's of what his kit will do on 93 oct.
redfuzz, did you ever read Orange SVT posts??

#58 · (Edited)
[rofl] Mab is "defending" Tom here.

If you call defending other vendors against Tom, having my nose up there ass, then sure yea that's me. I will defend any vendor (I dont care who it is) from unnessecary bashing. I have defended Tom as well in rare cases and Tom knows it. I'm not out to get Tom despite what you think. (I have purchased nearly 2000.00 worth of parts from him) I'm out to have as many companies as possible provide parts for the focus. I want people like Powerworks to "want" to make parts for our cars without having to deal with this kind of crap.

I am pro-focus. Not Pro [insert vendor name here]. Do you think I would hesitate one second if Randy blasted another reputable focus company on here or on FJ?? I wouldnt!! Bashing Gude is one thing, hammering the new turbo guys (forget the name but they are the new guys trying to sell turbos here) is understandable. But constantly jumping into the middle of others threads pushing your own product is bad business policy.

Look around finalley, I'm not the ONLY one who stated it. In fact I didn't even start it!

#59 ·
Guys , Guys please........ I don't want my thread to be motive to create fights. I appreciate your replies until now. BUT............. The thing I wanted out of these threads where opinions, ideas and possibilities to help me make a better choice to what forced induction method was the best bang for my buck. I appreciate your posts and ideas and opinions so far but please I would appreciate if we could put all the fighting away.

Once again thanks for your posts and ideas and I would like for those ideas possibilities and opinions to keep on coming.

#60 ·
Don't change the subject with all the peripheral issues.Tom did not jumpin the middle and start bashing , just using the people he gave a ride to as reference to the performance of his product to that of the "other guy". The start of the thread WAS questioning performance and BEST for his money.

AND YES YOU DID start it . Look at your very 1st post. ..you reprimanded and scolded him for his evaluation... not to mention your facts were wrong..Dickwad

#63 ·
Looks like this thread is getting the lock-down cause it looks like it's not gonna be getting any better.

To the starter of this thread sorry that it turned out this way. If you wish to start another thread, do so but to everyone else that is arguing keep it out if it please.

Thanks.

Reactions: HaveBlue83
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.