Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Nightly Boredom thread for the Night Stalking TX Crowd

5M views 42K replies 179 participants last post by  71shadow 
#1 ·
Ok instead of texting and what not lets do this the free way. So high guys [welcome] lets chit chat [wiggle]

#21,971 ·
anybody going to focus fest want to do a favor for me?
i need help in completing a trade..
svt wing for a fairing.
[grinking]

#21,972 ·
Omfg… so my mechanic is GIVING UP on my car.. he can’t find the bearing, even through that company.. and now supposedly, they are not a machining shop.. but a bearing company that can source bearings from anywhere..
He can’t find the bearing.. so my transmission is dead. He can’t fix it.. fml

"the input shaft was seized on the bearing, and when i removed the input shaft, it messed up the bearing"

i have g had it with this guy..
he says i owe him 325 for the work so far.. and now wants me to get my car towed back to my house... on my dime.. i'm freaking livid...

mother er wouldn't ever listen to anything i ever said about my car.. kept trying to get the mtx-75 and parts for that.. and...

as a mechanic, shouldn't you use the vin# to verify what parts you are looking for?? just a thought...

omfg so pissed...

i'm definitely never recommending this guy to anybody ever again...
i'm just so pissed...

and since i'm on probation, if i take delivery of the car, i have to get it towed to the facility so they can check on the ignition interlock device... and then tow it back home...
with it being at the shop, its sorta that grey area... and if i have a receipt from them for when i take it out of the shop, then i can get away with not having to pay the "late fees" for missing "check-in" appointments (once a month.. and i just missed my second check in

#21,973 ·
and damn.. the "back up" tranny i was going to buy was just sold out from under me..

Yyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!

#21,976 ·
well... i found a tranny.. with 37k miles on it..
and 100 miles on the upgraded clutch/flywheel from summit racing... paying for it on thursday and then it should be here next week...
i appreciate the offer.. and should be buttoned up and all ready to go by the end of the following week... hopefully.

#21,977 ·
and the dude i bought the input shaft from is going to try to pull the bearings from his parted getrag... woohoo!!!
and only wants shipping and a six pack...

shitty day turning awesome.

#21,980 ·
That's sucks Daniel, I guess running without fluid burned up the bearing which is weird you'd figured you would have had shifting issues and stuff to let you know before it cause that kind of damage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.