Focus Fanatics Forum banner

From stock 2001 S2 to new 450hp+

105K views 627 replies 69 participants last post by  1turbofocus 
#1 · (Edited)
Got the car new from the dealer and 9 years later look like this.

Water ingestion bent 2nd and 3rd rods.

So I decided to built it like I always wanted to. While the engine was in the machine shop added a body kit and painted the car.

Was painted under and frames as well.

Reinforced LCA

Installed Total poly bushings kit, Eibach Sportlines springs, sways and dampers with SPC kit, new hubs and EBC SVT rotors front and back.

Will finish with brakes and susp. later.
As for the engine:
Block and crank was decked, balanced, chamfered, tanked, etc., Eagle rods, Probe pistons, Clevite bearings, FR stage 3 cams and high lift springs, FRIM, 70mm tb, O/U pulleys, high flow oil pump, Bosch alt.(220), Steeda fuel rail, Siemens 60 inj., and a bunch of other stuff, you get the idea.

SPA mani and Precision 5857

I will update soon, desperate to finish.

See less See more
#96 ·
You will have the same front control arms. The stock rivets, so I hear, are a HUGE pain to take out. You have to drill them out with a beefy drill.

#100 ·
A friend owns the shop, with a lift is so much easier, he has done a lot of work for me too. I started in February gathering parts, still not done but yeah is been more $$$ than I should.

#103 ·
oh yeah i agree 100%. i have laid on my back for countless hours with hot metal, sparks, and welding slag falling on me. having a lift would be sweet! but it shouldnt discourage any one who want to take on a project like this. [thumb]

#104 ·
Yeah and yours is an awesome one-off build, much more modifications, my hats off to you sir. If you get the PTE 88 will get about 900hp...just a little more $$$ but will get you in the 7-8 secs. We need sponsors, lol!

#105 ·
Yeah and yours is an awesome one-off build, much more modifications, my hats off to you sir. If you get the PTE 88 will get about 900hp...just a little more $$$ but will get you in the 7-8 secs. We need sponsors, lol!
it wouldnt be just the turbo change... need a built engine as well. so a lot more money haha.. but it will eventually happen.

and yeah i would take some sponsors... any one want to send me a check?

#106 ·
Well, your car creates a conflict, haha. You have Chevy parts in a Ford, so...a performance company who normally sponsors Fords might have a hard time justifying it [giddy]

#111 ·
yeah close. mine is 31x12x4

What do you think about my "rican hanger", lol.
idk. good luck with it. im not to crazy about using the stock tank and hanger. i tried it with a pick up at the rear of the tank and an inline a1000. worked fine as long as you had more than 1/2 tank. i think the stock tank is just to shallow and wide and when you turn or accelerate the fuel just has to much room to move. i would like to see one of these high hp builds use a duratec tank (aluminum) and weld a drop sump on it. i know jim done that for some one at one point but i never heard how it worked.

#113 ·
Quick question. Got an aux SVT gauge to install in my ZX3 so I can have oil pressure and temp, would this be possible? What sender should I use? Where to plug it, the back engine port next to the starter or is like a coupler to the oil filter?

#114 ·
If you havent used it already you can use the oil plug behind the coil for oil psi , If you have you have a plug right behind the starter you can remove and use that

If you use the oil sending location and "T" it make sure you use steel fittings or the "T" could brake and has on many peoples cars

The water temp can be done a few ways , making a short tube with the bung for the temp sensor in the top hose , HTP i think makes a costly thurmostat housing that you can use

Tom

#115 ·
It is the SVT aux cluster, oil temp and pressure. The port behind the coil pack is the turbo oil feed. Just heard this cluster is not accurate, but is a space solution, do not know if possible to install.

#118 ·
LOL you need to read around more. They tank the business and everyone who ordered with them, even CFM lost.

#119 ·
Yeah, surprised you didn't hear about this sooner, Tom. HTP ditched out on everyone a few months back. Won't respond to emails or messages or anything. They're still into doing their own racing thing, but no Focus support.

#123 ·
I was under the impression that the SVT ecu had a provision for the gauges, but not Zetec. The SVT ecu uses an algorithm based on engine RPM, coolant temp, etc, to operate the gauges, hence the fake reading. I don't think the regular Zetec has a function that is waiting to be connected to calculate those things, but I could be wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.