Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Rude's Ultimate Build....

64K views 329 replies 87 participants last post by  Rudel 
#1 · (Edited)
NEVER had a real build thread on this forum....I want to take you on a summerized history before we get down with the build....

2004-05 The Early Years:

After my tour in Iraq, I was quick to jump on this SVT. It wasn't long before I added a cold air intake. The sound of the air being sucked in was real nice. I few months later I joined FocusFanatics and Fj online communities, to learn more about my car.

One of the popular mods for the SVT was replacing the R13 relay with a jumper wire so that you did not have to turn on the head-lights when you want to use the fog-lights. Replacing the fog-light bulbs with Hoen H10s made out nice. An order all the way from France was Morette's tail lights. I didn't like the OEM lights as it messed up the roof-line flow for me...

Click on the pictures to see the larger ones.

See less See more
#245 ·
This is the first build thread where i have read every comment, looked at every picture and watched every video. THIS IS AMAZING. You have done an amazing job, thank you, and keep it up man, you are a huge inspiration with everything you have done. [thumb]
P.S. This thing.... is going to fly.[grinking]

#247 ·
[woot] So close! I think i"ll swap the front blinkers to a smoked look, and keep the side repeaters frosted clear. I'm definitely switching to LEDs though, and should have bought them before-hand. [?|]

Does anyone else have a gap between the headlights and bumper?

#251 · (Edited)
Thanks gents. The gap is present in the real RS. She looks soooooo much betteer in person today! The interior could use some tidying. [giddy]

I got a better look at everything, and now starting to hear the bad stuff.

1. The intercooler inlet/out pipes had to be taken off, to fit the lights. - I'm going to have a new IC put in, and maybe Dan (Knighty) can help with measurements; as it appears he still uses the lights.
  2. UK Seller, not Dhyllan, sent me standard width front arch liners. - Oh! I hope English's stash I bought has them.
  3. Missing foglight connectors - [facepalm]
  4. Rear license plate lights, need new lenses. Lots of copper corrosion - Purchased on eBay already.
  5. The roll-cage fits tightly. - Obviously because of the roof liner. It will be installed by Jim (Roushturboedzx3)
  6. Upper grill sits a tad to far to the right and hits the bumper. - Hopefully the new IC mount fixes that.
Although the good doesn't outway the bad, at least on the bright side,

1. The Euro tail lights were found
  2. My storage in Japan...90% of my stuff arrived, which includes my wheels I used on my 180sx / 17x9 +35
  3. The rear foglights are wired ready for use. As brake lights
  4. I found a sand-blasting / powdercoat service 10min from my house! Oooo the possibilities. [woot]
Other than that, I'd say she's ready for the new suspension bits, wheels, head, and hand controls.

#253 ·
It's not bad really, it's always the little things and I expect it to happen. Keeping the hubs for now. I have adaptors ready to use. Hope they're not to thick. Looks like 40mm all together. [confused]

#254 ·
They got the splitter fitted today. And going back to Glenns reference post about how the bumper attaches, leads me to think that those tabs are sitting on top of the upper support. In turn, this causes the gap between the grill to fill up. I'll just have that support trimmed, until I can get a real Euro one. I have full Euro locks after all :lol:

Speaking of which, Dhyllan has some goodies coming my way.

#256 ·
Small update. "Reasons a car is not finished"

Finally, the last of the RS parts needed. Wheels, Full Lock Set, Locking Fuel Door, Ignition Cylindar, Cam Cover and Heat Shields, Shift Knob & E-brake Handle, and the Center Console. And a few extra bits...because collision.

Today, my wife took me to VW to get fog light connectors. VW parts on a Ford you ask? The RS was developed in Germany and as such, uses Hella foglamps. Luckly the mechanic had a few sitting in his tool box! Looking at the connector, you can go to Audi as well.

After 9 years, it's time for a change. LEDs are on the way too!

#257 ·
idc how small the updates are on this...i drop whatevewr im looking at and look at this thread!!!

cat wait to see it all finished

#260 ·
So with the 5-lug adaptors on, and my 17x9 +35s, they are a tad too wide. I hope I can find a place to shave the adaptors down. Though, the rear doesnt look to bad. Real 5-lug hubs are in the plans too.

#262 ·
Not sure, I don't use it personally. But from the looks, I'd say it holds up fine; as long as you have a good tank and compressor.

I'm sure you can deal with the exhaust by snaking it under.

#268 ·
Thank you, all!

Come Monday (If Issac doesn't hit) she'll be 95% complete. Jim is going to pick the car up for me Monday, and finish off by:
  • Redoing the intercooler setup
  • Putting the rollcage in
  • Putting in the RS center console
  • Installing new light bulbs (some LED)
  • Installing the RS Bremboes & rotors.
After that, she's headed to the local disability driving place to get me measured for hand controls so I can drive it.

There are other plans as well; such as:
  • Installing the full Euro lock set I have
  • Fabricating 5-Lug Hubs
  • Putting my Cosworth Sierra Vents on my hood
  • Maybe for shows only, my RS interior [nono]

#272 ·
Reactions: Jburks
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.